Kits My Next plane?

Keith

Here's my next one... Just started it, all I got are the plans so it will be scratch built.... Made a mini table saw so will be cutting it all from sheet balsa and ply... Will post pics as I go...

Hawker_Fury_Mk1.jpg

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
Yep, polecat 51" wingspan..

I like this one too.. SKYSHARK RC EXTRA 300S 56"
Extra300-2.jpg

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
If you were closer, I would cut you a hell of a deal on my Edge 540 or the smaller Extra 260...

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
Dunno Tony this one is $99.00 w/o electrics right now and $25 shipping. I doubt very seriously you would want to get anywhere close to that.

Tony

Staff member
From everything I have read, the 2 blades are much better and a lot more efficient. It takes a lot more power to spin a 3 blade, and unless you are wanting scale looks, stick with the two blade. This is just what I have read over the years though. I don't have any data to back it up on hand.

Tony

Staff member
If you do go with a 3 bladed prop, cut the pitch down an inch. If you are running a 10x8x2, then use a 10x7x3. Just make sure to put a watt meter on it and make sure you are not running too much static load through the motor. And yeah, I'm doing some work on the site getting ready to update it. Maybe lol.

Top Bottom