General my newest tool for setup

murankar

Staff member
OK after some time I finally finished this little project, its a leveling table.

Now depending on how you do your setup thus just may work for you. Since I like to reference the main shaft for 0°. With this table it makes setting up every aspect very easy.

Here are the pics of the completed project, just needs some stain and clear coat.

When using this I lower the platform all the way down on all 3 points. I start with roll axis first then move to elevator. If you need to know how to do this watch the soko heli tool videos by soko. They explain how to do this very well.

ForumRunner_20150202_182035.jpg

ForumRunner_20150202_182050.jpg

ForumRunner_20150202_182106.jpg

ForumRunner_20150202_182126.jpg

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

ForumRunner_20150202_182035.jpg

ForumRunner_20150202_182050.jpg

ForumRunner_20150202_182106.jpg

ForumRunner_20150202_182126.jpg

murankar

Staff member
This setup will net you about 2 or 3 degrees difference. If you need more then I would consider doing a two tier with some all thread. That should give you a greater amount of flexibility.

murankar

Staff member
I cant take credit for it because I got the idea from someone else. When I saw the video of it originally I had to make one since I had the wood. If I expand this it would be to add a base with 4 feet and use all thread for the upper deck. THis should give a bigger angle tolerance.

Tony

Staff member
In most cases, I don't see that you would need more than a few degrees of movement to set something level. I mean, the floor in your house is level, your table legs are even, so it should be really close.

No matter though, it's a great idea and I think I'm going to make a version of this as well. Thanks for the thread!

murankar

Staff member
I have a plastic table I work on now. It has a bow in the center. So this makes an ideal setup for me. With the plastic surface the rubber pads work nice to keep it in its spot.

The person I got it from used springs to keep the nose down. I thought this was a weak point so I opted for my solution instead. Also the design I saw was made to have a rotating plate on it. This was to add more functionality to it. Personally I don't need a rotating surface since my only objective is to get the main shaft plum vertical.

In the soko videos the guy mentions the ikon self level calibration. Stated that it makes this process easier and more accurate.

I would like to see what you come up with.

norjul

Good idea muranka, i built mine useing your idea just made it out of a bit of scrap chipboard i had lying about, i can now set up my heli on any surface just have to level the board, and i know my settings will be right. thank you for great idea. will post pics if i can.

murankar

Staff member
Looks good. It will defiantly help with your setup. If you fly a gyro with self level this will help you greatly in the calibration. For that watch the solo heli tools setup videos. Primarily the videos on pluming the main shaft. When you do the main shaft adjust roll direction first, then elevator direction.

norjul

Thank you, yes it works ok was able to set swash setup, main blades are 0.1 at mid stick using digital pitch gauge. all the way round. so happy with that result. after setting i spooled up and the blades were perfect no further ajustment needed. thinking of putting a bit of padding under metal bar just to give a bit more give when spooling up.

murankar

Staff member
I would use some of that weather stripping for doors. Its a sticky backed foam strip. That should work just fine. It will also help dampen vibs to the platform.

Admiral

My version of the leveling Table, I've added a bubble level and slotted the top of the legs so the you can use a screw diver to adjust, I think Muranka's three legged version would be fasted to adjust but the four legged version is very stable.

IMG_1097 (Medium).JPGIMG_1098 (Medium).JPGIMG_1099 (Medium).JPGIMG_1100 (Medium).JPGIMG_1101 (Medium).JPG

Thanks for sharing the idea Muranka,

IMG_1097 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1098 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1099 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1100 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1101 (Medium).JPG

Slobberdog

Nice Admiral, I had mine that way, but have converted mine to three screws now so you can adjust more in line with the swash positions, and tbh its so much easier to use that way with the soko level.

norjul

Nice one, yes i thought of putting door foam on it, but i settled for using foam feet for speakers on the bar and it works ok. i am going to put slots in the bolts like you did for fine adjustments. and add 2 levels when i can find the right ones to screw on it.

Slobberdog

here is mine from an old thread on here, as I said I have now just got 3 levelling bolts as it makes the job so much easier.

no bar to hold it down the heli with the battery and everything keeps it level,

table.jpg

table.jpg

murankar

Staff member
4 leveling spots does add complexity to your adjustments. 3 legs are more optimal. It works on the Sam bases as a tripod.

Everyone here is doing some great stuff to make this project theirs. Keep it up.

Tony

Staff member
I like the wing nuts key. Better than regular nuts. I am really going to have to have a go at this.

murankar

Staff member
I want to add something to my adjustment posts. It will make adjusting tons easier.

Top Bottom