My new toy

Derek

My wife got me something very very special. Love my wife!!!

GEDC0026_zps78a5f68e.jpg
No, it's not a Dewalt nor Craftsman, it's a "Chicago" brand saw, from Harbor Freight Tools. My wife works there.

GEDC0027_zps481328a9.jpg
it's actually a very nice saw. Runs smooth, cuts straight, and it's not as loud as my 10" saw. Very cool!!!

GEDC0028_zpsae0faeee.jpg
cuts up to 45 degrees to the right

GEDC0029_zps82d72542.jpg
cuts up to 45 degrees to the left

GEDC0030_zps18d8a49e.jpg
angled cuts up to 45 degrees

GEDC0031_zps9728e878.jpg
and has a very nice and easy to see laser

Now..i just gotta find a place to store it, lol

GEDC0031_zps9728e878.jpg

GEDC0026_zps78a5f68e.jpg

GEDC0027_zps481328a9.jpg

GEDC0028_zpsae0faeee.jpg

GEDC0029_zps82d72542.jpg

GEDC0030_zps18d8a49e.jpg

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
man that is a nice bit of kit.... it will be pretty accurate due to the Dual sliding arms.... man they must be 1"1/4 bars..... Wicked!!!!! I like!

Derek

man that is a nice bit of kit.... it will be pretty accurate due to the Dual sliding arms.... man they must be 1"1/4 bars..... Wicked!!!!! I like!

Thanks Westy! I love the dual sliding arms....and yes...they are 1 1/4" bars....super smooth slide. Awesome saw!!!

- - - Updated - - -

So whatcha gonna build with it first?

Well, my wife wants a small bookshelf that she can hang from the wall to get her books off the floor. She doesnt have many but she is accumulating them. So...she bought me the saw....i can build her a bit of a bookshelf.

Westy

LEGEND
Well, my wife wants a small bookshelf that she can hang from the wall to get her books off the floor. She doesnt have many but she is accumulating them. So...she bought me the saw....i can build her a bit of a bookshelf.

Wouldnt it be cheaper and faster to just tell her to pick them up off the floor? haha

stokke

Yeah. The poor thing got shuffled around a bit before people finally left it alone - I've not been down there in quite a while, so I'm not sure how things are atm :D

wolfman76

now i will be placing my order for a 26 gallond bow front tank stand!!! i love harbor freight tools most of my stuff is harbor freight there wrenchs pittsburg steel are very nice... but you do realize she got you the saw because she probably a list of things she wants you to build right...lol

Derek

And it will cut thru balsawood no probs too , so you can be a busy boy.

True enough...this saw would cut through balsa wood with no problems.....however, I have a specific smaller saw that I use to cut balsa wood. If I think about it, I'll post a few pictures of the saws that I use to cut balsa.

Tony

Staff member
What, do you use a small miter box with that fine toothed saw? I have one of those that I purchased for the Telemaster that I Have yet to finish lmao.

On a side note though, I am thinking about getting something else that will cut balsa and seeing if i can create my own balsa kit from scratch. Only time will tell if it happens though. Here's hoping.

Derek

Yeah...I think my next "winter project" is gonna be a scratch build balsa plane. I've put some thought into it and even drawn up some rough draft pictures with some measurements. Who knows...it may work out pretty well. Success or fail....I just love to tinker.

Whirlybird

Yeah...I think my next "winter project" is gonna be a scratch build balsa plane. I've put some thought into it and even drawn up some rough draft pictures with some measurements. Who knows...it may work out pretty well. Success or fail....I just love to tinker.

:yikes: What is this going to have a 40 foot wingspan? :yikes:

Top Bottom