My new toy

Stambo

Quads are awesome fun, combined with FPV and it's even better.
With the smaller CF ones even crashing is not expensive.
I can build a 250 size quad for the cost of crashing my Trex 500.

Have you flown FPV before?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I've seen that you sold your Gaui NX4 Island Breeze. Glad to see that! The sale of the Gaui help paid for your new quad? Enjoy and make a video of the new quad in action.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Stanbo everything is expensive..lol This is my first quad and before i try FPV i want to make sure i can use the goggles. i wear glasses and don't want to waste funds if i cant use it.

D.O.G that is correct! i always try something new around this time of year.:shocked:

time to read up on manual and get this puppy flyin:slomo:

Stambo

I have a mate that wears glasses, he was never overly confident with his skyzone goggles but he recently got one of these Quanum units.
He wears his glasses under it and says it's far better for him than the skyzones, he can see detail much better than he could in the goggles.
At that price he thought it was well worth a shot, he is now wondering whether the higher quality Headplay unit may be even better.

If you haven't flown FPV before, I suggest you chuck the gear on an RC car or truck of some type to get used to it.
Then you don't have the dimension of altitude to worry about.
Even a cheap one from a local mall will do, it will get you used to the goggles before you risk your aircraft.
I also suggest sitting down or at least leaning against something, the reasons for this will become obvious. :)

For most of us that have tried FPV, there is no going back.
We are firmly addicted.
It puts you in the pilots seat, it's like you are up there. :)

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
I have a mate that wears glasses, he was never overly confident with his skyzone goggles but he recently got one of these Quanum units.
He wears his glasses under it and says it's far better for him than the skyzones, he can see detail much better than he could in the goggles.
At that price he thought it was well worth a shot, he is now wondering whether the higher quality Headplay unit may be even better.

If you haven't flown FPV before, I suggest you chuck the gear on an RC car or truck of some type to get used to it.
Then you don't have the dimension of altitude to worry about.
Even a cheap one from a local mall will do, it will get you used to the goggles before you risk your aircraft.
I also suggest sitting down or at least leaning against something, the reasons for this will become obvious. :)

For most of us that have tried FPV, there is no going back.
We are firmly addicted.
It puts you in the pilots seat, it's like you are up there. :)

thanks bro! i will borrow my friends beater and give it a try. The hobby is already addicting:drools:thats what we all look like in the hobbie store..lol

Top Bottom