Quad My new toy has arrived

sarconastic

My new quad frame arrived today. I threw some motors and spare plane props on it to get an idea how it will look. So far so good.

20140923_193036.jpg20140923_200637.jpg

20140923_193036.jpg

20140923_200637.jpg

Stambo

What electronics you going to use, have you ordered them yet?
Really critical on those frames to get everything balanced properly.

sarconastic

I haven't ordered anything yet, Been researching a lot, still open on everything. Ran out of funds for a little bit so it will be a while. Gotta get through the NASCAR weekend in two weeks then I should have a few buck to start picking up parts again.

Gonna go with Simonk ESC for sure just not sure on the controller yet. Might even get Arduino crazy since I have all that laying around. I ordered this before I got the Gamma so the funds went else where lol.

Woody

Derek

Looks like it's gonna be a fun lil quad! I've really gotta get my stuff together so that I can build a multi rotor. They just look like a lot of fun.

Lee

The Diatone stuff looks good. I was considering one of there mini quads.

Stambo

The Diatone stuff looks good. I was considering one of there mini quads.

If you are talking about the mini X quad like HK sells, you are better off with an H style quad. So much more real estate for attaching hardware.
You can get a cheap CF frame for about US$30, or a fibreglass one for less than $20.
I got the ZMR 250 from Banggood and I love it. It has room for 6" props too. The Diatone H style frame is 230 so that's not an option.
Or you can go nuts and get a Blackout. They seem to be pretty much indestructible but at 5 times the price I could not justify it.

Lee

I already oredered the ZMR250 Stambo. Its on the way.
I didn't like the PCB arms on the Diatone.

Stambo

I already oredered the ZMR250 Stambo. Its on the way.
I didn't like the PCB arms on the Diatone.

You won't regret it. This thing is so much fun.
I have had a few unscheduled encounters with the planet and the only things I have broken is the props.
You need plenty spares.
I have just fitted some HQ props from Readymade RC.
They seem to be a bit stiffer than the regular Gemfan ones.

Top Bottom