My New Purchases

Tony

Staff member
So I started doing some digging into my loan with my two Kia's and something just didn't add up. But even though I could not put my finger on what it was, I knew I had to do something about these two cars. For those of you that don't remember, last year I purchased two new Kia's, a Soul and a Rio. At the time, it's all we could get approved for and we HAD to have two new cars. My Camaro was on it's last leg (and still is) and my wifes Camaro blew up the engine. So, I purchased two new cars.

Well, again, something just struck me as wrong with my loans. I couldn't figure it out but knew that I needed to get rid of it, ahem, them... I also needed a truck, adn my wife needed a car that was larger than the one that she has now. So I started doing some digging on some different vehicles.

The cars that I finally settled on was a 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 and a 2014 Dodge Charger. This year, Dodge came out on top in every way. So I pulled the trigger. The truck gets 25+ MPG and the Charger gets 28+ MPG. So the mileage is great compared to what I have had in the past.

You know, it's funny. When we started, the wife and I were, what I dubbed, an "F-Body Family" since we owned two camaros. Then we purchased the two Kia's, and now there are two Dodge's sitting in my driveway. Seems we have a pattern going here.

Oh, and did I mention that my truck is a 4x4? Oh yeah.

So I know you are asking, "what was the issue with the loan?". Well, we were on what was called a "compound interest loan". Pretty much, we were going to pay on these cars for 3 years before every paying down the actual car payment. We were ONLY paying interest on the cars. What I saw that I couldn't quite put my finger on was the balance was never going down by more than $5 with each payment. I don't know how I missed this. I thought we were on simple interest, but nope. We were getting screwed.

So why did I decide to take a car that I was upside down on and trade it in on two more new cars? Because the plan all along was to sell the cars after two years and get new ones. Well, when you have a car that is 2 years old with 40,000 miles on it that you still owe 20k on, it's never going to sell. So we had to do something FAST! And that is just what I did. And now, I have an American car and truck and I have tires, oil changes and maintenance for the life of the loan. And when you are rolling on 20" tires, this is a huge bonus. And with the miles I drive, the oil changes are a bonus as well. I also have a full 6 year 100,000 mile warranty. Bumper to bumper. If anything goes wrong, it's just a $100 deductible and they replace it. We are also getting a custom undercoating on the under side of the car and truck as well as a protectant on the headlights and stain guard on the seats.

We did get a good deal on the car and truck, but with rolling over the reaming that we got from the Kia's, the payments were a little higher than I wanted. But still doable. But only if I can keep the hours at the job I have. Which means, I'm stuck in a truck for a very long time. After a year, we are goign to try to refinance and lower the payments a LOT. We just have to make it that long. Sure hope I can. But I think me and Rc are pretty much over for now. Time to concentrate on the family life for a while as well as my job. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to try to find a way to get back into it. I know I'm going to get the itch pretty soon to fly again. And when I do, I can see a DX9 or something in my future lol.

So here are a couple pictures of the car and truck. I'm pretty happy with the purchase.

1622204_10205132073124887_6245334297680241952_n.jpg
10671443_10205133305915706_156343794196261187_n.jpg

1622204_10205132073124887_6245334297680241952_n.jpg

10671443_10205133305915706_156343794196261187_n.jpg

Tony

Staff member
That was my backup vehicle. But, I really needed a truck. And I can't stand what the new Chevy's and GMC's look like.

Graham Lawrie

Very nice Tony:) but mpg?? over the pond we go smaller and more mileage/gallon:) thats because a gallon is over $10:(

You could get quite a few nice helis for the cost of them:) LOL DX9 will be my new radio if ever i can save enough money:)

Great pictures and waaaaayyyyy better than a Kia:)

SIXFOOTER

Congrats on the new rides!
Dodge makes a nice truck, I was always a Chevy man myself, but I got a deal on the RAM 3500 I drive now and am very impressed.

wolfman76

I only got a town&country but my Mopar she is a solid runner.. and Tony you are set for the future buddy that truck will hold quite a few planes helis cars boats whatever you want to put in it

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Very nice Tony:) but mpg?? over the pond we go smaller and more mileage/gallon:) thats because a gallon is over $10:(

You could get quite a few nice helis for the cost of them:) LOL DX9 will be my new radio if ever i can save enough money:)

Great pictures and waaaaayyyyy better than a Kia:)

MPG is actually not that bad. The truck is 23-26 and the car is 25-29. The Charger has been known to get upwards of about 32 if you drive it right. So it's not that bad in all reality. And gas here for E-10 is only about $2.95 right now a gallon. But, this truck can take E85, which is even cheaper if I can find where to get it.

The most hilarious thing is, when I drove it, I could have sworn it was a V8. Nope, it's a V6. It just has an assload of power. I have no worried that thing thing will not pull a trailer. I'm fixing to hook it up to my trailer to see if it will work with my lights or if I will have to rewire it. But the truck already has the 4 pin plug for my trailer adn if I get one with brakes, it already has the 7 pin plug for trailer brakes. Talk about a bonus!

Congrats on the new rides!
Dodge makes a nice truck, I was always a Chevy man myself, but I got a deal on the RAM 3500 I drive now and am very impressed.

I was thinking about a 3500, but with what I would have had to pay right now with having to make up for the screw up with the Kia's, it just wasn't feasible at the time. If I decide to do some hot shot driving in the future, I will have a 1 ton, that's for sure.

I only got a town&country but my Mopar she is a solid runner.. and Tony you are set for the future buddy that truck will hold quite a few planes helis cars boats whatever you want to put in it

This bed is small. Not sure what will fit back there, not that I would put them back there that is lol. Last thing I would want is my plane flying out lol. And by the time I put a tool box back there, yeah, there is going to be NO room at all.

Adam

Very Nice rides Bro. I just had bought an new ride also 2014 GMC Terrain AWD on chromed 20s lol. Black onyx paint with chrome accents. Oh and i know its been a long time. Glad to see everthing is working out.

cml001

Kool!.. Never been a Dodge guy(can't get my father's dodges plagued with issues outta my head)... But that's a sweet.. Mean ass look'n truck!

wolfman76

They guys at the field have them tied down in the bed wings off even on top the tonow (not sure if that was spelled right) cover just behind the cab

Top Bottom