My New Project

Heliman450

Hi Admiral,

Thanks for the encouraging feedback. The video was shot the next day using a tripod to hold my mobile phone, a small cheat on my part but at least it ended up shorter albeit that I didn't manage to hold the heli in the middle of the shot.

Next phase is to tidy up the wiring a bit and edit my profile to add the 880 to my fleet :hdbng:

Starting tomorrow, I've got a session of 5x2hrs flying lessons with Hugo: hugos-helischule.ch - Home as the final part of my 65th birthday present from last year. I wanted to get it done before my 66th!

Smoggie

Starting tomorrow, I've got a session of 5x2hrs flying lessons with Hugo: hugos-helischule.ch - Home as the final part of my 65th birthday present from last year. I wanted to get it done before my 66th!
I look forward to your next video showing your newly learned skills, especially the low down piro-tic-tocs with the 880:biglaugh:

PS.. for solo videoing I find a head cam the best option, so the camera naturally follows the heli. I use a head torch mount, but many attach an action-cam to the peak of a cap which seems to work ok too.

Heliman450

Hi Steve,

I doubt that I'll ever use it for such crazy stuff if I can even master it. The cheaper/smaller fleet members are the only ones likely to feature in that case :twothumbsup:

Now that I'm back on the scene, I intend to revisit the 'add-ons' like videoing so all ideas are welcome on that score.

Smoggie

Now that I'm back on the scene, I intend to revisit the 'add-ons' like videoing so all ideas are welcome on that score.

Phil,

This is the camera i use: https://uk.banggood.com/Hawkeye-Firefly-8S-4K-90-Degree-FOV-HD-Visual-Angle-WIFI-FPV-Sports-Camera-No-Distortion-Version-p-1184378.html

It's pretty cheap but ideal for videoing helis because it's not got the ultra wide angle lens fitted to most action cams. It gives a slightly more 'zoomed-in' image without the 'barrel distortion' that an ultra wide angle lens produces.

Top Bottom