Misc My New Hexa Copter

Tony

Staff member
Dude, that looks sweet! I'm trying to hold back on building these, but you are making it hard lmao.

Tasajara

Thanks...

hahaha... When I started flying these I was the only one. Now 17 more in my area have started flying them and more to come.. If you like helis don't ever try one or you will have to have it !!! All my heli flyer fiends bought one after I let them try it.

I buy most of my frames from a guy next door to you.. LOL BlueSkyRC in AZ he gets the stuff in shipped to me in 4 days or less , bet you would have one in 2 days ready to build.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Man, you are going to get me in trouble with the wife haha. I just sold another truck that I had for sale as well as some automotive parts, and have a little extra cash. This is very tempting. Have to okay it with the boss, but I like what I see on the BlueSkyRC site. I may have to order something and do a full review on it.

Morelight

Fearless Freep
Those multi copter are awesome looking and flying with cam's for shooting vids. It's no wonder they are catching on, once people get to see them flying. I was hoping Lee would jump on building a big one when he gets back to Spain.

Lee

Nice Hexa, I like the look of those and there quads with there built in PDB's I have a 600 size camera mount that needs to be put on something, so this might be it.

WyDiablo

I just bought a DJI F550 naza hexa copter about 3 weeks ago and so far I really like how it handles. I still have some twinking to go buy its pretty stable right now

Tasajara

Nice...glad you like it...

I added the camera gimble to mine and it works great. Keeps my camera level no matter what angle the hexa is at..
Here is how it looks and works...

01- x468.JPG02- x468.JPG

here are a few pics I took..

03-  hexa pics.JPG02-  hexa pics.JPG01-  hexa pics.JPG

01- x468.JPG

02- x468.JPG

03-  hexa pics.JPG

02-  hexa pics.JPG

01-  hexa pics.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
I think he had that stuff in front of it so that you can see how the camera mount is working. In his actual videos you won't see hardly anything.

Tasajara

Yes it is... when you get pretty high up it is hard to tell front from rear on a round copter.
I will be adding a GPS to this Hexa next. I already have Alt Hold and auto land on low battery. The GPS will give it Return to home, GPS Hold, Intelligent Mode (Carefree), Failsafe autoland, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

The ball helps when you get real high up.

WyDiablo

Yeah I would really think so when its really high up there. I have done that with my T-Rex 500 and its gets kinda small in a hurry.

Top Bottom