My new flying field

Lee

We have a great flying field just outside Marbella. It a development plot with no houses, just roads and field with perfect little trees for shade while you fly. The grass in shoulder height which saves even big helis in a crash. Tested it out yesterday inverted from a very low piro flip with the warp. Not a scratch. Just flipped it over and straightened the blades :)

Lee

Here are some pics from tonight. One of the guys put his 500 in. After ten minutes searching we found it. Straightened the blades out, and off he went again. I tell ya, this is the perfect field for practicing and not damaging your heli.

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 5.JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 5.JPG

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
That is cool..we have the same thing at our field..we all call it the buffer zone.lol the plane guys call it dead stick triangle.

Tony

Staff member
And here I thought it stood for "Very Wealthy" since you have to be rich to replace the parts on it lmao.

It' looks like a great flying site though. Just keep Gaba away from it or he will lose another aircraft hahahahahaha

Lee

We had no worries finding the 500. I just popped my Quad in the air and hovered over the field until we found it. :D

Graham Lawrie

Lee Everything is bigger in the States:) LOL , you and i know the size of vehicles in europe:) no gas guzzling, over sized , massive carbon foot print forming...etc etc... Nice weather:)

Lee

I don't understand all the big engine thing over there. Whats the need? I mean look at a formula one car, its only a 2 litre engine. My VW polo is 1.4L and can out run a lot of those 5L gas guzzlers over there.

wolfman76

I don't understand all the big engine thing over there. Whats the need? I mean look at a formula one car, its only a 2 litre engine. My VW polo is 1.4L and can out run a lot of those 5L gas guzzlers over there.

Yeah but probably only after sinking a small fortune in out to make it do that.... But there is no bigger rush then hopping into a vehicle that will suck your whole body in the seat and hold it there for the duration of a 1/4 mile or enough torque to yank the front wheels off the ground and hold them there until the ride is over provided you got a good straight line set in... Wow i really miss my 81 Monte Carlo

Tony

Staff member
It's about the sound. I hate those cars that sounds like a fairy farting while going down the road. When I drive though a parking garage, the game is on to see just how many car alarms I can set off :biggrin1:

And yes, F1 is 2L, but they are spinning 19,000 rpm, and the only reason they are spinning that slow is because they won't allow them to use electromagnetic actuated valves. I want to see you spin your little vw to 10,000 hehe. I won't rev mine to 7000 unless I REALLY want to win that race lol. Usually, I shift at 6700 when racing.

There is NO REPLACEMENT for DISPLACEMENT!!!! It's all about TORQUE BABY!!!

wolfman76

I do that with my car stereo!! Lol although i had a Chevy cavalier Rs and put a long ram cold air intake with a oil charged filter plus a 300 dollar stainless steel magna flow canister muffler on it with a5 speed manual transmission it was only a 2.2L overhead valve i use to love taking it through parking garages setting alarms off.... Lol people use to always tell me that it sounded like a mustang granted i hate fords but it made me feel proud being it was only a Lil 4 banger Chevy.....

murankar

Staff member
Lee before you go racing that 1.4l feed the hamster first. I have a 1.9 l that is just enough to get me to work and back. If I had the chance I would have a 454 big block. Now that's power.

Top Bottom