My new Carbon Z YAK 54 3x Crashed

EyeStation

Man, that looks like what happens when the AS3X is in the wrong position during takeoff with the Sukhoi 29-MM.
Bad luck there Ken.

Ken Jackson

Hey Dave, wish it was that simple. I had trouble with the AS3X out of the box but I got that straightened out. This happened about the 8th flight of this plane. I was throwing it down at a 3D fly event and was doing some amazing stuff for me. I came out of a stunt inverted and as I was coming near the ground it seemed like I couldn't correct a roll and in panicking I pulled the nose up which inverted was the wrong way to go. Anyway I'm getting her back together. Just finished the nose and wing repair. The fuselage I will tackle later. Need to let everything set up over night. Plus I bent the motor shaft so have to order a shaft and a new prop adaptor. One of the reasons I've been flying planes more they don't cost as much to fix. At least not foamies, LOL

Ken

DSCN1843.jpg

DSCN1844.jpg

DSCN1845.jpg

DSCN1846.jpg

DSCN1847.jpg

DSCN1843.jpg

DSCN1844.jpg

DSCN1845.jpg

DSCN1846.jpg

DSCN1847.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Once you put that plane back in the air, you will never even notice those breaks. Hope you get her back into the air soon. Seeing this and the repairs makes me want to get my planes out and put them in teh air. Just no place to fly them lol.

Ken Jackson

Repairs came out pretty well. Most of the crack seams lined up very well and are not noticeable from a distance. There is a long crack visible on the fuselage but overall I'm happy with it. Not sure how the left wing will perform. The structure is sound but the end of the wing is angled down. May need to compensate with a turn or two of the elevator. New motor shaft is on order but the prop adapter is on back order.

DSCN1848.jpg

DSCN1849.jpg

DSCN1848.jpg

DSCN1849.jpg

Ken Jackson

I bent it up as much as I could. Anymore I would have needed to crack it then reglue it. Decided against that. If it's a big problem I can buy a single wing for this plane for around $43.00

Ken

Top Bottom