My new baby

Dirk

I finally did the maiden of my new Sebart PC-21 last weekend. It track as if on rails. Absolutely LOVE it! My Trex 700 is going to get jealous very soon!9 October 2014 057.jpg9 October 2014 059.jpg

9 October 2014 057.jpg

9 October 2014 059.jpg

Dirk

The retracts are servoless. I added two small 9 gram servos to operate the the front gear doors. The supplied "string between the doors that gets pushed by the nose gear leg when rettracting was just too unreliable. I added a gear door sequencer as well to keep the nose leg and gear doors out of each others way.

Dirk

I got hangar rash on it today. Well, not quite hangar rash. Let's call it runway rash. Very windy today, O. S brushless motor decided it did not like APC prop and vet kindly sent it solo. The arrival on the runway coupled with the strong crosswind bent all of the landing gears. I gotta remember that these things can't hover. They need SPEED to land properly! LOL. I was a nervous wreck after that mishap, so I went and punched some holes in the sky with my Trex 700. Made me feel better. Anyway, the retracts are all straightened a d fixed now.

Dirk

Thanks Lee, fantastic to see you back here again as well. The whole family is getting reunited again.

Top Bottom