Quad my new 1st quad ever arrived

DavidDutch

Today I was pleasantly surprised that my 1st quadcopter already was delivered after just 8days.

So now I am going to see if this I am able to put this together and get it up in the air. Never had one or flew one so it will be exciting. All was packed in a small box (not expected a tini box :).

Also in the mail today, my box with the nylon spacers in various sizes. So I think I have all the things needed to proceed and start building my 1st quadcopter ever. Only don't know yet which RX I am going to use a 6 channel or a 8 channel. I think going for the 6 because it is tiny with short antenna leads , and will fit very well on the qc. As lipo I will use my regular lipo's.

When the build is done I surely will post the pictures of it and the maiden flight.

It is just a basic cheapy so nothing special.

250 quad frame
kk2.1 controller board
4x 1806 motor 2400KV
4x 12A ESC
1x power dist. board
5030 props

camera will be a mobius (still waiting for it)
RX will be probably a RX601 from walkera (or maybe the RX802)
Lipo will be 3S 2200

So probably tomorrow will try to start assemblying it.

Lee

Good luck with the build.
If you have any questions just ask.

Last edited:

DavidDutch

I sure will lee,

I only saw that they supplied me the 2206-2300kv instead of the 1806 2400kv, but hey noob as me will probably not notice this in the beginning, and to be honost have no clue if there will be a big difference

just took a quick look at the individual parts where and how to put all, to fit the nicest, I like clean machines :)

Lee

I stuck the PDB in the middle under my FC board.
This is my second one.

100_3468.JPG

100_3475.JPG

100_3476.JPG

Last edited:

DavidDutch

Not sure yet where I will put it, first tomorrow will find me some longer screws for the motors and going to look how to get some shrinksleeve for the ESC's (HAVE A LOT OF SIZES BUT NOT THAT BIG)

- - - Updated - - -

Lee may I ask why are both the bottom 2 motors on your last picture CCW? (or does it only look like you have crossed the wires on both your ESC)

Lee

They are all the same direction.
When I bought mine, they came with the same prop adaptor. Didn't know you could buy the reverse one.
I would have thought, that buying four motors, it would be standard to provide two with CW & CCW adaptors, but no.
You have to buy them separately :(

DavidDutch

Yes I know they are separate (almost started WW# on that with MRM).

I meant you have soldered them, so that they run CCW

Lee

If you look closely at the ESCs, you'll see one is flipped to allow the NEG/POS wires to line up with the PDB.
They all run the right way anyway :D
They are all twisted, because originally i had them braided.
I could have made it cleaner.

Last edited:

DavidDutch

Yes they are , but if I am going to solder the motor wires directly to the ESC I have to cut it and need new to put on afterwards

Lee

They are, but we remove the cable to solder the motor direct to the board.
Its not possible without removing the original Heat shrink.

DavidDutch

have decided not to solder the wires to the ESC after the first FU yesterday(and that was only with removing the old wires). it seems my eyes just won't let me :) just have ordered the 2mm connectors and a new ESC

Tony

Staff member
Don't feel bad there. I have to use "old man glasses" every time I do anything other than pick up a coffee cup lol.

One thing, the solder they use in china is not that great. You want a good soldering iron to get their wires off without putting too much heat into the board. I use a Hakko myself and love it.

DavidDutch

That was not the problem, good iron I have, actually the solder was pretty quick loose only it spread directly between the IC pins which was very close to that point. did not even had time to press the button on my sucker :)

Lee

They are quite fiddly.
I almost gave up. I've done 12 now, and its getting easier.

Tasajara

I have noticed on the real small stuff I use just a little solder paste on the tip of an my X-Acto and place it where I want to solder and it flows much smother. Also put just a dot of solder on the iron tip and that will help you transfer the heat to the joint you are soldering.
I always order my FC Boards with out the pins soldered it is cheaper that way... :) stick them on myself.
As far as soldering to the ESC I just cut the esc motor leads close and remove the insulation, tint the wires and tac the new wire to the ends.
Something Like this...
esc.jpg

esc.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom