My Last Day Home...

Tony

Staff member
Since this is my last day at the house for a while I decided to do a little cooking. More specifically, smoking some chicken leg quarters. I started the fire with oak and then put some mesquite on top of that and in the last pic you see the hicory ready to take over when the other two are done. This is going to be some really good chicken!!!

IMG_20160508_095936_186.jpg
IMG_20160508_094957.jpg
IMG_20160508_095009.jpg

IMG_20160508_095009.jpg

IMG_20160508_094957.jpg

IMG_20160508_095936_186.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Yup, time to hit the road again and try to make a little money. Not too sure about this company, but we will find out. If I hate it, I'm out there with millions of other drivers and I'm sure I can find something better if this company sucks lol.

Tony

Staff member
Well, I was signed on with two other companies (swift and Marten) and things didn't go so well. With Swift (I just wanted a large company to keep me moving as much as I wanted to move), I went to orientation for the first day and when we took our drivers test (I was the ONLY FRIGGIN PERSON that knew how to drive and shift), I saw a camera on the dash. I asked about it and they said it's for "Driver Awareness" or some crap. I asked how it works and they said "when it detects an abrupt movement, like jerking the wheel when texting and driving, it records the previous and post 10 seconds to see what happened". I stated "so it records at all times?". They said "No, only when it detects something". This is when I decided to have a little fun with them. I looked them in the eye and said "I'm going to throw this one back in your face. If a camera records the previous 10 seconds, then it has to record AT ALL TIMES to get that footage!". They didn't have a retort on that one. I then walked out of that class.

I have absolutely no issue with having a camera facing outside to see what it going on. However, I will NOT have a camera inside the truck looking back into the sleeper while I'm sleeping or getting dressed. It's a complete invasion of privacy and they just lost a damn good driver because of it, as well as many other drivers that have quit because of this.

Marten I was hired with the phone interview, and at the end (I had forgot to ask), I asked if there were cameras in the truck. She said yes, but... and I cut her off. I told her that I was no longer interested in a position with a company that invaded their drivers privacy like that. There were some other words stated back and forth, but that is not for this forum lmao.

So yea, the company I'm with now not only does not have cameras in the trucks, they don't even have GPS to know where there trucks are. They still work on paper logs (I'm going to be the first one with electronic logs whether they like it or not) adn it's just an old fashioned company. As long as they don't want me to run like I used to, then we will get along fine. And as long as they cna keep me rolling.

Well, I just put foil over the chicken. Man it looks friggin GOOD!!!!!!! I'm hungry as hell right now. And I was making it for tonight lmao.

trainrider06

I'd heard Swift transport was one of the worst outfits to work with. There was another, that I'd heard referenced but can't remember Salsa or something like that. I know just from my days of working in cargo and running a forklift that I was always afraid the fork would fall through the bottom of their crappy trailers

Tony

Staff member
I think you are talking about SAIA. And yes, their trailers are complete crap.

Top Bottom