My lappy whoes!!!

wolfman76

well the short of it i have had issues with my laptop off and on had to reload the operating system a couple of times but still have had problems prob in part from never doing it from a recovery disc... well i have finally had to break down and actually ordered the recovery discs i needed straight from HP suppose to be here on the 6th i hope and pray that will be end of the problems after that.. it all started from me trying to do a norton update from my internet provider COMCAST which i found by doing my research i was not only one having the same problem after doing the update turns out alot of ppl had same issue but i am still dealing with it... what happen is after you do the update you have to do a restart to finalize the update as soon as windows restarts you get a blue box that pops up in middle of the screen literally for few seconds not even long to read what is inside the box then shuts computer down and tries again and keeps doing this until you are just really pi^%&$ off by then.. so hopefully after i get the discs and do a complete recovery this will take care of my whoes... HOPEFULLY!!! as is right now i am only able to use my computer under a temporary profile for some reason now it won't log into regular profile so as soon as i shut computer down iit does not save anything i have done..

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
The dreaded restart loop. Been there, done that. But the only way to fix my issues was to replace the mobo. Hope the OS fixes your issue.

Westy

LEGEND
does it do it on fully charged battery with the power supply disconnected? or what about if you pull the battery out and run it just on the power supply unit..... see what happens .... sometimes a faulty cell in a battery can cause weird stuff to occur

wolfman76

Brand new battery... So far is up n running had to recover it to factory settings but am going to redue again using the actual HP recovery discs i got straight from HP

wolfman76

Finally success!!!! Norton finally installed from Comcast without giving me the blue box it had been before... Obviously Comcast fixed whatever was causing it to happen due to there being alot of people that were reporting the issue

ForumRunner_20130131_214027.png

ForumRunner_20130131_214027.png

Tony

Staff member
BSOD, gotta love them. Did you install any new hardware on the computer? If so, remove it and restart the computer. What OS are you running on this?

Westy

LEGEND
Question.... is it only happening when you try to install Nortons?

If So ... Un install nortons and install the Microsoft Security Essentials, its free and it is fantastic. Do a full virus scan of your Lappy including everything (once you have completely updated the Virus software)

Reset you Bios to Default settings ... and all your hardware to default settings.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ht/stoperrors.htm

Last edited:

wolfman76

Got Firefox rf6 Phoenix Norton after i went to update drivers from HP then went to restart it did it again

Westy

LEGEND
ok .... back track. had you rebooted on each of the above installs and confirmed correct operation?

If so ... it sounds like a driver conflict for sure. Can you boot into safe mode at all? If so, you need to go in an un install the drivers you have just installed. Sometimes the latest drivers are not always the best.

- - - Updated - - -

TRy un installing Nortons after the drivers are un installed .... Norton Sux big time and can cause all sorts of issues. Give it a go and see what happens .... you may be surprised

Tony

Staff member
Have you run a memtest at all? I have seen this (not sure it was the same error number) when stick of memory craps out. Once the computer starts really putting the strain on the amount of RAM you have, it will kill over.

wolfman76

i might have it narrowed down to a specific software causing it my internet is through comcast and part of their security software is a program called CONSTANT GUARD i installed each update one at a time restarting after each 1 to see if i get the blue box again negative so far only time i have got it was right after i installed constant guard i got the dreaded blue box and had to do complete re-install of the OS
yet again but after this time i have installed each update on the computer 1 at at a time restarting after each update and after everytime i install any type of software and have not got it YET!!!! (cross fingers) you bet i am going to call comcast and make a complaint if it turns out the constant guard is what was causing it... Needless to say i have been a tad bit paterged as of the last week or so i have re-installed the OS more times then i would ever like to even say.... I am getting ready to do another restart computer just got done doing a hp update we will see i survive it will let you know.... lol

Tony

Staff member
Just so you know for next time, you can start the computer in safe mode to uninstall the program that is causing the issue. Works most of the time anyway....

wolfman76

i just did some research and it is possible if i keep getting the blue box from what i have found i might have to repair the MBR MASTER BOOT RECORD... restarting now see if i am still good...

callsign4223

Staff member
Just don't install the constant guard software. Instead download and install Microsoft Security Essentials. It will protect you just as well, while probably being less intrusive and using less resources.

Top Bottom