My Inverted Hangar

Tony

Staff member
Some people wanted to see this, and I had a break in the slow internet so I thought I would get them uploaded.

This first picture are of the 3 Fliton birds. Left is the Extra 260 Mini, Center is the Edge 540 Mini and Right is the Rogue 3D Bipe.
20130522_210102.jpg

This next picture is of the RCH Trainer. I have now retired this plane and it will not see any more air time. You can also see the tail of the RCH 540 in this pic.
20130522_210111.jpg

This next picture is my 50" Edge 540. Great flying airplane. You can also see the original RCH Trainer wing that has the 46 LED's installed in it.
20130522_210132.jpg

And finally here is the Telemaster. This plane will more than likely never see any air.
20130522_210141.jpg

20130522_210102.jpg

20130522_210111.jpg

20130522_210132.jpg

20130522_210141.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I'm renting my house and I still do it lmao. A little putty and some paint, you will never know. Or, they will never know. Now, if my hot water heater or something goes out, then there may be some questions lmao.

I really need to get them back in the air. The Extra has some hinge issues and the servos from it are now in the RCH Trainer. The Edge Mini is ready to go, but requires a 2200 3s battery of which I only have one and it's puffed. The Bipe needs a bigger motor than I had in it so it's motor/ESC less now. The Trainer and Telemaster will most likely never see air again. But the 50" Edge 540 is also ready to go and I have two batteries for that one. BUT... I have no where to fly that thing. Sucks.

I have to admit I do really like the 50" Edge!
I'm still a warbirds fan, but I would really like one of those edge or 3d bipes in my hanger one day!
I have also got to get my apprentice up in the air, need to get some EC3 connectors for it...
All is good though :)

Tony

Staff member
Get Deans and throw those cheap EC3's in the trash lmao. :poke:

Good ole plug war!

Do yourself a favor and get the Edge before you get the Bipe. A Bipe is a whole nother world in its self. And I LOVE that edge. I just took it down right before this post and stuck a battery in it to drain it. It's been about a year since I put the charge in the batteries lmao. Yes, a year on a full charge. Needless to say, there was NOT a full charge in them hahaha. I'm putting all of my batteries into storage mode now. Day late and a dollar short though. Just hope my gens ace pack is not hurt. It's not a cheap 4s pack lmao.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, need a place to fly as well as batteries to fly them lol. You saw that 2200, it's pretty much toast. Might put a nail through it just to see what happens lmao. Yes, I have seen it on video, but there is nothing like in person lol. Needs to be destroyed anyway and tossed.

xokia

The Trainer and Telemaster will most likely never see air again.
Excuse my ignorance but why? I know nothing about airplanes.

I'm putting all of my batteries into storage mode now. Day late and a dollar short though. Just hope my gens ace pack is not hurt. It's not a cheap 4s pack lmao.
I am starting to get quite the investment in different batteries these days. I cant possibly fly all these helicopters with all these batteries. I usually get about 10 batteries per helicopter.

I am starting to wonder about long term storage and how well these batteries store for long term. Even at storage charge levels I'd bet they dont store well for a year. Which worries me some.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
The Telemaster I just have no passion of flying. I started to modify the wing and put ailerons on it, but never finished those. Every time I work on it, I look at the other planes and think "why?".... So, she will hang until I decide to put her in the burn pit.

As for the RCH Trainer, I don't want to fly with it anymore because of what happened on the last flight. I have about 60 hours in that plane just in the design. The battery died on me and she nosed into the ground ripping off the firewall. I dont' want that plane to see any more damage than it already has. So, she is a hangar queen now.

xokia

The Telemaster I just have no passion of flying. I started to modify the wing and put ailerons on it, but never finished those. Every time I work on it, I look at the other planes and think "why?".... So, she will hang until I decide to put her in the burn pit.
I could think of much funner ways of disposing of that :) maybe attach some tannerite then use it for target practice? If you had someone flying it with the tannerite attached would be even more fun.

Last edited:

Graham Lawrie

:) Very Cool:) I had a wee chuckle at the hot water heater:) mine has gone in my house before:) It would reduce a grown man to tears:)

Tony

Staff member
Hot water heater? I'm not sure I understand... did I type something that I don't remember? lol

Top Bottom