My iFlight 550 Hex

Barge

Here's a few images of my current pride and joy, the iFlight (DJI clone frame) 550 Hex. Using the APM 2.6 flight controller and Ublox GPS and compass it flies like a dream, the APM FC gives you multiple flight modes such as Stabilised, Altitude Hold, Loiter, Auto Land at a defined descent rate, Return to Launch, automatically returns to where it was armed, plus numerous other modes, which some are based around learning to fly.

Specifications:

iFlight 550 Top and Bottom Plates
DJI 550 Arms (I change these from the iFlight kit units as the DJI are 50% stiffer)
iPOWER iBM 2212 1000kv motors
iPeaka 30A SimonK flashed ESC
APM 2.6 Flight Controller V3.1.1
3DR Telemetry 400mhz radio, air and ground station
UBlox GPS & Compass
3DR Power Distribution Board
3DR Power Module
Carbon Fibre 10 x 4.5 Props
3S 11.1V 5000mAh Gens Ace and Turnigy Batteries
Braincube FlightLights Controller
LED Landing Light and Nav Lights
Futaba T8FG Super TX and Futaba R6208SB Rx
FrSky SBUS to CPPM Converter

The plane behind is a Tiger 60 using a RCGF15cc petrol, it takes of like a 152 Cessna running on 2 cylinders, but once she's up it flies well.

You may notice I cut the bottom off the landing extensions on the arms, I saved 12g, I thought they would weigh more but every little bit helps. It weighs 2.090kgs.

DSC_0936.jpg

Carbon fibre stack plates, all nylon standoffs and fasteners used up here. Main wire harness coming out of the APM is the ESC signal wires. I'm waiting for more carbon fibre plate to arrive and I'm redesigning the stack plate setup. The Rx will end up on top of the main chassis plate, and the GPS unit will be attached to the APM plate, this will help control vibration better by adding a bit of weight to the Kyosha gel.

DSC_0951.jpg

Compass and GPS on top, then the APM, lead going into APM is the signal lead from the SBUS port going through the FrSky converter. APM does not reconise SBUS signals. The wires coming out of the Rx are a bit hard to see, top left is the power supply from the APM PDB, the one next to that is the signal wire for the Braincube, and bottom left is the SBUS to CPPM converter.

DSC_0950.jpg

3DR 400mhz Telemetry air radio

DSC_0941.jpg

The 3DR PDB and the 3DR power Module are hiding in there, the Poer Module supplies the APM with a regulated power supply, the group of wires are from the ESC's, the twisted group of coloured wires you see going out the top go to the APM signal pins.

DSC_0956.jpg

From left fixed to bottom of battery plate, Braincube FlightLights Controller, 2 x 3.7v 500mAh lipo's run in series to power Braincube and LED's, and the Low Voltage warning lights and buzzer.

DSC_0955.jpg

Landing light on, and Nav lights at the root of the black arms.

DSC_0948.jpg

DSC_0956.jpg

DSC_0936.jpg

DSC_0941.jpg

DSC_0948.jpg

DSC_0950.jpg

DSC_0951.jpg

DSC_0955.jpg

Derek

Very very nice setup! It looks great! Hopefully you can share some flight video sometime.

Top Bottom