Quad My H Quad build!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
:emohi:

Well some of you know that I'm building A QAV 500 Quad. But! Before I Fly what may turn out to be A very expencive build, I desided to start out with an H Quad. This way when I crash it it won't cost me alot to fix it! LOL Plus I would feel much more comforatable learning to fly A Quad on a way less expensive machine.

I stoped on the way home from work at my lhs today bought some 1/8" plywood and some 1/4x1/2 balsawood. I had to go to Home Depot for the 1/2" square Popular. Although all they had was 1/2x2. I had to cut down the popular and the plywood to dementions. Good thing my landlord had A small table saw to do it. I was afraid i'd have to go to my xes to get mine. LOL I should do that anyways! We cut everything to demention plus some extra pieces just in case! I started guling the pieces together. This is what I ended up with.

0728122255.jpg0728122256.jpg0728122256a.jpg

I'll update this thread when I get all the electronics in. It may be the end of summer till this happens though. My ESC's are back ordered won't be in for 30 days. Then anouther 2 weeks for them to be shipped over hear. But then, if you read my Hurry Up and Wait thread you allready know about that! LOL.

:evil::nutkick::boohoo:

0728122255.jpg

0728122256.jpg

0728122256a.jpg

Lee

Looks good Sam,
I was going to pick up the wood arms yesterday, but work got in the way :) Monday i'll get it.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Thanks guys. I'm thinking of doubling the width of the motor mount area by taking anouther 2 3" leanth of wook and useing two wood douels glueing and pinning them together. It should make the area much stronger and I do not like the idea of only useing two screwes to mount the motor. What do you think?

Tasajara

I used one 3/8" square for my booms on my home made stuff. Then cut me a small 1/8 ply square and CA it to the boom then screw it down when mounting my motor. Like the pic below.
You could cut some short sections of what you used for your booms and glue them on each side and make a square to mount the motors.
04-5-Spider Sport.JPG
07-Spider Sport.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Your Idea sounds fine... go with it..

04-5-Spider Sport.JPG

07-Spider Sport.JPG

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Now that looks good! Lol I used 1/2" popular for the booms. Still no word on my esc. I'll have everything in for the qav500 in a week or so. But no electronics for the h quad. Hmmmm! Motors ans the KK board they have esc are still backordered. They won't ship me anything till the esc come in.

Lee

I finished mine yesterday at the same time as my QAV. But i only have one CC board so its going to have to wait. I may order one of those new boards from HK.

Tasajara

Now that looks good! Lol I used 1/2" popular for the booms. Still no word on my esc. I'll have everything in for the qav500 in a week or so. But no electronics for the h quad. Hmmmm! Motors ans the KK board they have esc are still backordered. They won't ship me anything till the esc come in.

Sounds like hobbyking.... I hate when that happens. A friend was waiting on his order the same way and I told him to check out RCTimer. He canceled the esc's got his other items shipped and bought the esc's from RCTimer.
Now they carry 20,30, and 40amp esc's that are reflashed with SimonK Firmware for Multicopters. This removes the LVC and changes the FREQ, to get rid of the motor wine you here from other esc's.
Also gives you better/smoother throttle response.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Sounds like hobbyking.... I hate when that happens. A friend was waiting on his order the same way and I told him to check out RCTimer. He canceled the esc's got his other items shipped and bought the esc's from RCTimer.
Now they carry 20,30, and 40amp esc's that are reflashed with SimonK Firmware for Multicopters. This removes the LVC and changes the FREQ, to get rid of the motor wine you here from other esc's.
Also gives you better/smoother throttle response.

The link won't work. But thanks anyway

Tasajara

Yeah it worked when I posted and did a preview, but they must have a server problem now for some reason.
Maybe it will work later.
I posted some more links in an ESC info thread that also sell the flashed ESCs

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Yeah it worked when I posted and did a preview, but they must have a server problem now for some reason.
Maybe it will work later.
I posted some more links in an ESC info thread that also sell the flashed ESCs

It's working now lol! Oh well. I'll wait till Monday and see what happens if nothing moveing yet, I'll cancel my HK order and order these.

Tony

Staff member
On the way tomorrow, and you will receive them in September... I'm going to teach you guys to order American yet...

Keith

I'm getting stuff in a week to ten days... Just got the 25A plush in today... Been waiting ages for them.. Should get them next week...

(Off Topic) Ordered some EVA solar panel encapsulation, metre long rolls from China last week... Arrived yesterday, Monday....

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I'm getting stuff in a week to ten days... Just got the 25A plush in today... Been waiting ages for them.. Should get them next week...

(Off Topic) Ordered some EVA solar panel encapsulation, metre long rolls from China last week... Arrived yesterday, Monday....

Well you've got to remember your a lot closer to china for one thing! Lol. Then there is customs to deal with. It usually takes about 3 weeks for china shipping to the us.

Keith

It used to take three weeks to five weeks here as well... I've been using HK for over two years and now is the quickest it's been...

Of course thats not two say it will not slow down again later.... Maybe the time of year because we know it all stops at Xmas...

Perhaps they want to get in front before then... And now with them using envelopes for small items it's even faster...

They have really got their act together lately.. You just have to go to the complaints on the forum where there was always

a couple of pages... Now there are maybe one or two complaints...

Fingers crossed we are lucky here with customs though... Never had a package checked or charged extra for in 150+ orders...

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
That's all good then! Lol if I can order from the US whse, it only takes a few days. Problem is that they don't stock very much in the US whse! Oh well.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Finally got my shipment fron HK today. Should be working on the h quad soon! I want to get it in the air and learn to fly it before I get the QAV flying. So now I have all the parts for both to get built!

Top Bottom