My first steady heli in awhile

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
My X3 got new servos installed today. The 450 got the old X3 servos. I think this is the first time I ever had this 450 so steady :shocked:. I had to record the second flight because I know this bird isn't going to stay this way long :biglaugh: Plus no winds help:yahoo:. I almost lost it at the end :censored:. MVI 0286 - YouTube

Tony

Staff member
You didn't almost lose it, the helicopter was just dizzy :dizzy: lmao.

And we are going to have to do something about those gears. Man that thing is loud lol.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
You didn't almost lose it, the helicopter was just dizzy :dizzy: lmao.

And we are going to have to do something about those gears. Man that thing is loud lol.

Yeah the noise was annoying. I have a steel motor pinion on. I need to replace with aluminum one.

Tony

Staff member
It sounds like your mesh is a little too tight. Check your mesh with each cog of the motor. I will bet you find a tight spot. Mine never sounded like this even when I was running a steel pinion which shouldn't make a difference.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
It sounds like your mesh is a little too tight. Check your mesh with each cog of the motor. I will bet you find a tight spot. Mine never sounded like this even when I was running a steel pinion which shouldn't make a difference.

I do that. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Man Ivan you are about one of the best nose in hovering guys I've seen! Really nice!

Thanks Rodney! :)

Smoggie

Nice flying. I'd be worried about the proximity of those trees. Trees have a magnetic attraction for anything RC controlled.

Heliman450

Hi D.O.G. (Ivan if I may?), looks good there. I picked up on your mention of the new servos in my thread, well done.

Why do you think it's so much better with the new servos? What make are they and what, if anything, is different with them? Sorry about so many questions :biggrin1: (not really).

I can see why you excel at nose-in hovering looking at your yard. There's not much room for circuits there so away from you and back is about the size of things, hey?

I like the heli-pad idea, I've seen them in a few videos but it seems a bit like one more thing to lug to the club's heli area that I can probably do without. I make use of the concrete slabs as my guide now trying to return consistently to the centre. No back yard for me, so probably no heli-pad in future either.

Looking as though Tuesday morning is my next opportunity to fly. Just one more thing to tweak on the T-Rex to prepare. It'll be my first opportunity to test my "flying skills" away from the simulator. Fingers crossed that I can deliver the goods in the real world.

Bye now!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hi D.O.G. (Ivan if I may?), looks good there. I picked up on your mention of the new servos in my thread, well done.

Why do you think it's so much better with the new servos? What make are they and what, if anything, is different with them? Sorry about so many questions :biggrin1: (not really).

I can see why you excel at nose-in hovering looking at your yard. There's not much room for circuits there so away from you and back is about the size of things, hey?

I like the heli-pad idea, I've seen them in a few videos but it seems a bit like one more thing to lug to the club's heli area that I can probably do without. I make use of the concrete slabs as my guide now trying to return consistently to the centre. No back yard for me, so probably no heli-pad in future either.

Looking as though Tuesday morning is my next opportunity to fly. Just one more thing to tweak on the T-Rex to prepare. It'll be my first opportunity to test my "flying skills" away from the simulator. Fingers crossed that I can deliver the goods in the real world.

Bye now!

You may call me Ivan if you like, :warning:,just don/t call me late for dinner!:no: To try to answer your question :coffee: I think that the X3 servos where a lot newer then the 450 :wink: or maybe I just took a little bit more time to program and adjust the 450 :dunno:. Yeah, i really don't have much room for error :puppy_dog_eyes: I had to learn how to react fast but still maintain some kind of control during flight with the area I have to fly in. As for nose in flying well I'm right handed but everything I do is the opposite that everyone else does :facepalm:. Example; When I use to surf, skateboard, water ski I was called goofy foot. When fighting, wrestling they called it south paw. I don't know but what ever I did was backward :banghead: Just seem nose in is easier to control then normal flight :thinking: maybe it's the head injury I gather during the time I was young and was a adrenaline junkie :dizzy: It just works. Plus when we bought the house I had no other choice but to learn how to fly in this tight areas. Trust me, you learn quick not to do that again if you don't want to keep buying parts. Lol. I wish a good flight Tuesday! Next week I think it's a wash out for me. We need rain, Bad! :eek1:

- - - Updated - - -

Nice flying. I'd be worried about the proximity of those trees. Trees have a magnetic attraction for anything RC controlled.

I just learned how to ignore them "Trees". I came to conclusion if I'm going to crash, it doesn't matter if it's caused by trees, pilot error or mechanical failure, I'm going to crash. It's just that my chances are a little bit higher them normal.

Top Bottom