My first heli

Walt

Its the BladeRunner Helicopter Rescue 8604e from RadioShack. 27MHz 3.7 volts custom manufactured in China. So durable it is able to withstand many crashes and never needed rebuilding!

first_heli_004.jpg

Walt

Its my first nitro. Spooling it up for the first time scared the :):):):) out of me! She hovered real nice felt pretty solid. When I feel more comfortable with it I will install the CF main and tail blades. Then bump up the head speed the gov is set at 1700 rpm right now for the wooden main blades.

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
I hear you! I'm nervous about my Goblin maiden as well. It's my first build and heli of this size. I have it pretty tamed down and will probably up the RPM and flight characteristics slowly, all the while checking and rechecking. I have the Blade 450 3D and 500X. I haven't gotten to fly the 500X as I got it at the beginning of winter and either it was to cold and windy or I was caught up doing chores or working. I'm rebuilding the 450 due to a crash......I really shouldn't have been flying in those high winds last week!!! :duh:

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Actually, it was a toy my girlfriend bought me at Wal Mart. That one the tail motor was not working out of the box but I didn't know anything at the time. I then progressed to a $20 toy I bought at a gas station. It was so much fun flying around the house and watching the dog chase it around; however, I kept wanting more, better control and more reaction to the bird. I then bought a Blade mCX2 Coacial and haven't looked back! From there it was a Blade 120sr and 130X as I wanted to get into CP helis. Not long after the 130X came the 450 3D and the 500X......A friend of mine told me about 2 months ago, "Hey, you should build something, a plane, a heli or something!" I responded, "well, maybe!"................... now here I am building a Goblin 630, which is now ready for its maiden. As soon as the wind dies down! LOL! :biggrin1:

Last edited:

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
I have given nitro/gas a thought or two but I keep thinking I don't want to mess with tuning an engine, fuel spills, oil, exhaust, etc. They are very cool and sound awesome though!!!

I had a gas trainer plane as a kid and I'm afraid I am a little to messy and lazy when it comes to fuel and stuff......even with the lawn tractors! LOL!

Top Bottom