Micro My First Heli Blade 120s

Took her off the shelf dusted it off rebuild it and what I notice is blade does not give any specs on the length of the original factory setting for the linkage does anybody know the length?

Tony

Staff member
If you can't find info on it, then I would just set it up manually. Set it at mid stick, adjust the swash to 0 pitch. Then check full positive and negative. If they are the same, you are set. If you have more positive than negative, then your swash is too high. If you have more negative than positive then your swash is too low. This would mean your servo arms are not perfectly 90 to the linkages. Adjust as needed until you get 0 at mid stick and equal (within a half degree) positive and negative pitch.

thanks Admiral for the research I appreciate it. I do have the manual for the 120s right here in front of me the one you gave me is from the 120 Sr it is a flybar helicopter the S does not have a flybar other than that it's exactly the same I'm going to try those measurements I've already rebuilt it I just wanted to see if it's going to fly any different

Admiral

The part number for the serv0 links is the same for the 120 SR & the 120 S "BLH 3108"

I have both manuals here.

It's the same part number but the headset up is wrong one is a flybar and one is not 37 mm is too small it doesn't allow the linkage to even come close to reaching the elevators ball. I just did it by a minute flights decent I was just wondering for peace of mind if there was a number but 37 does not work for the 120s

Admiral

I'll get my brother-in-law to measure his 120S, just to be clean are you looking at the (15) Rotor Head Linkage or the (19) Servo Pushrod Set with Ball Link

You have two linkages from the linear Servo to the swashplate and you have two linkages from the swashplate to the blade grips. Yes the linkage from Servo to swashplate. I did everything by but it still flies backwards and to the left I'm going to try to find tune it until it flies right . I would be interested in the factory length though I appreciate it thanks

Admiral

He has measured his and says they are both 37 mm effective length with an expansion type bend in the middle.

upload_2018-6-26_17-2-22.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom