Videos My first ever FPV flight

Lee

Well i finally got my fpv set up ready for action today. It went quite well. Still need to adjust the gains some more, as theres still a twitch to the quad.
Hope you like it. I will be throwing videos up here loads from now on.

Last edited by a moderator:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
You did good Lee! Are you sure your adjusting in the right direction? Seams to have more twitch than the last video.

Lee

Thanks guys, Slightly disorientating when you fly over yourself.
I came to the same conclusion as you Sam. I'll be adjusting the other way today and see how that works.

Tasajara

Looking good.... when you get it dialed in it will be nice... I got to where I do 5 FPV flights ever time I go flying...I LOVE IT...
Working on a FPV plane right now I have had for 5 years. It was time to get it in the air...

stokke

That's looks so cool, Lee!
Whats the scratching violent sound that occur some times? The wind?
Nice flying :)

Lee

Thanks,
Yes the sound is from the wind. I have done a number of flights now, but i'm still working on the settings to get it video quality smooth. We have a tonne of wind here most of the time. So getting it perfect is taking some time.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Lee are you still using the stock go pro housing? If you are take some thin foam and place it along the sides of the Camera covering up the slots in the housing. It should act like foam covering dose on a mike.

Lee

I only used the case for the first couple of flights for safety. Once i knew everything was ok i put my FPV gear on it and i took off the housing.

image-1188188684.jpg

My nylon washers (chinese take away box)

image-3294128802.jpg

image-1571621496.jpg

12V reducer

image-1131783511.jpg

image-1188188684.jpg

image-3294128802.jpg

image-1571621496.jpg

image-1131783511.jpg

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Ok cool I like that idea for the washers. Did you do the same for the rest of the screws?

What I was asking with the tx was, how should I set up my tx? Not about the expo. I'm going to use my new dx8 for the quad. So I'll have to set up a heli I would think. What swash setting and the rest is what I want to know. If you just want to pm me do so or e mail the settings to me so I can print them out. breeze400@yahoo.com.

Lee

You dont use Heli settings. Set up a airplane model for quads not heli. I didn't touch a thing, just added expo. Uploading a idea now. My settings are getting close. Still a touch of wobble.

Lee

I just wanted to use the best RX i had for FPV. The DSM2 will be ok for park flying fpv. DSMX is a more solid connection so shouldn't suffer from dropouts.

Derek

This looked like a lot of fun, Lee! You really had that quad pretty high. Nice job!!!

Top Bottom