450 MY Align 450L Build

Barge

I'm one step closer to starting my next build project, the 450L turned up at home yesterday which is fantastic, the bad bit is I'm 1600km (or 1000mls) from it at the moment, dang dabbit.:emomad:

The extras that I ordered from a different LHS have arrived, a spare boom kit, I intend to run double bearings on the drive shaft, a spare feathering shaft and thrust washer kit, swash plate levelling tool, and a set of Align 500 tail boom braces to give that a bit of extra strength and support down the back end. All I'm waiting for now are two Turnagy Nanotech 6S 1550mAh batteries which are supposed to fit the sliding battery tray of the 450L, we'll see.

I don't fly home till Thursday so it starting to hurt, real bad, I know, harden up:boohoo:

Barge

Hi Tony, this probably belongs in Projects, would you like to shift it please.

Regards

Barge

Barge

The build is complete, Futaba TX all set up, 3GX seems to be working fine, so it was time for test flight. Checked everything was doing it's thing which it was so time to spool up. At 1/4 throttle it was running pretty smooth. Increased the power a bit more and it started to tilt on the right landing leg, shut it down and found that the pitch servo had seized up solid in an elevated position. Took it out and I couldn't move it one bit in either direction, it was like it welded itself together. MY LHS is sending me another one, didn't want me send the fried one back so will have to try again during the week. I must admit that I'm looking for Futaba replacements, they might be a bit more expensive, but compared to a rebuild they might work out to be a bargain.

Round 2 in a couple of days.

Top Bottom