500 My 500 Tail wobble

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
It's funny how just a miniscule adjustment can make all the difference in the world.

Recently my 500 had a nice little tail wobble. I increased the gyro gain and reduced it, move the servo, adjusted the blades and everything else I could think of.

So, today, I was studying the problem and I remembered a fellow heli dude talking about the connection to the servo needs to be as close to the hub as possible without interfering with the tail rotor blade travel. I thought what the heck, I'm going to move the connecting rod in closer by one screw hole. I reset the end points and took it out for a spin, and wow, it worked!!! The tail is rock solid no wobble, no wag, just straight solid tail. I could turn loose of the sticks for about 5 seconds it is so solid. I was really impressed in this little tip so I thought I would share it with you guys.

On the other hand I think my batteries are about ready to get replaced, both of them get real puffy after I fly and they only last about 6 minutes now.

Hope this helps someone else it really helped me. :tickled_pink:

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Was this only for the 500 size helis? I wonder why the difference in the stability ... The only thing you'd really gain by moving it in is to ease the torque requirements on the servo. I guess in doing that the servo might operate a little faster. Since I'm exceeding the travel of the tail rotor on my 450, I think I might try this as well. Great tip! Thanks for sharing :biggrin1:

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
Was this only for the 500 size helis? I wonder why the difference in the stability ... The only thing you'd really gain by moving it in is to ease the torque requirements on the servo. I guess in doing that the servo might operate a little faster. Since I'm exceeding the travel of the tail rotor on my 450, I think I might try this as well. Great tip! Thanks for sharing :biggrin1:

Thats exactly right. Hence the miniscule adjustment .. :tickled_pink:

Top Bottom