General My 3D Plane Collection

Tony

Staff member
I thought I would head out to "The Hole" and find out what my planes looked like. And not to my surprise, two years takes it's toll on these guys.

The first picture is what I saw just as I opened the door to "The Hole". Mice have invaded this area and it's horrible in there. I started grabbing planes and shaking them nose down to get the mice nests out of them. And let me tell you, they had a friggin condo in these things...

The second picture is the 4 planes sitting outside just as they were inside.

The third picture is with the 50" Edge 540 with it's wings on.

I greatly miss flying these planes, I just don't have the area to do it now. My old house had plenty of room but back then, we didn't have any of the rules we have now so I just went to the flying field. Well, now that hitler has taken over in this hobby and is dictating everything we can and cannot do, I'm stuck with these guys and have no where to fly them.

My skills are not enough to fly them on my little one acre (1.06 actually) and these planes float forever. Getting them back to the ground would be almost impossible. Couple that with the fact that the only place for a good runway is east/west, and the wind always blows north south, i would always be fighting a horrible cross wind. Then couple all of that with the fact that the wind swirls as it comes over the trees and it could pile drive the planes into the ground.

So I think I'm going to clean these planes up and find a better way to store then for the next few years because until some of these rules are reversed, there is no way I can fly any of them.

What in the HELL happened to our hobby (friggin HOBBY!!!!!!!!!!)

image1 (9).JPG

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

image1 (9).JPG

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Very nice collection of planes you have their Tony. Need to wipe the dust off and get them up and running so they can see some air time.

Tony

Staff member
I have a Telemaster, Decathlon and F4u as well. Plus the RCH trainer and RCH Edge 540, Habu and something else that I"m forgetting. I have a lot of planes and it's sad that they will probably never see air again with my Tx. Ah well.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I have a Telemaster, Decathlon and F4u as well. Plus the RCH trainer and RCH Edge 540, Habu and something else that I"m forgetting. I have a lot of planes and it's sad that they will probably never see air again with my Tx. Ah well.

I see a TX coming in the future Tony. :secret2:

Tony

Staff member
And when I get that one, it will also be "my Tx". I just don't have anywhere to fly them. Other than my RCH 540 which I have flown here. That one is easy though. Those in the picture float forever and like speed.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Sorry I can't help where you can fly them :dunno: but I just finished packing the TX as we type :chuckles:. :warning:It will be in the mail and on it's way to you tomorrow:shhh:

Tony

Staff member
lmao, thanks bro. Man i miss that little thing. It can't do much, but dammit it can do a lot lmao.

I did pull out the DX9 and bound the white/blue plane up. There is no satellite in it, so no flying, but I bound it. Found out the aileron doesnt like being put into the gear port... And also found out the 4s batteries for it are flat as hell. So I dont' think I coudl fly this one if I wanted to. But, I have them both on the chargers seeing if I cna bring new life into them. Here's hoping.

Derek

All really sweet planes, Tony! I'm hoping to get a plane that is similar in size to your white one with the purple and red. It's a pretty plane!

Tony

Staff member
That would be the 40" Fliton Extra 260. That plane just flies and flies very well!!!

mooserider

Wow, those are pretty... especially that damn biplane! Are any of them nitro (doesn't look like it, but mufflers could be on the bottom). Are any of them kits?

I have some pet chinchillas believer it or not. I left one of my half-built planes in the room I use to keep them in, and man did they do a number on them. Chewed up all kinds of stuff, including some leading edges. When I get to finishing up that plane, I'll have to post some pics and ask the best ways to fix it. You're lucky the rats just built nests in them! I would have expected them to chews up the plane and all the servo, battery, etc wires!

- - - Updated - - -

Btw Tony, what are those trophy looking things on the left wall in the first pic? They for RC stuff?

Tony

Staff member
Nope, none of those are nitro. I only have two nitro planes, a 68" Decathlon with a 4 stroke and a 57" F4U with a 2 stroke. I have other nitro engines that I could put in other planes, I just never have.

The Bipe is a pain in my butt. No room to work, you have to use a battery that is too small because of space and it always wants to drop the tail in a turn. I only flew that plane twice I think. Just didn't feel right.

The Plaques on the wall are from racing (yup, it was RC). Further to the left are more trophy's and ribbons. That was the main reason I got out of racing. If you don't have any challenges, then why keep doing it. I used to have a lot more, but I gave them back so he could hand them out again.

Where the planes were (what I have dubbed "The Hole", was my office when I moved out of my old house. We were still in the process of buying my house and I had to stay with family for a while. There just wasn't any room in the house for all of my helicopters and planes and definitely not my computer. So I cleaned out this little shed and this is where I spent most of my time. At the time of this video, the pool table that you see in the first picture was actually in the garage where my banner is hanging now. My brother in law and I moved that heavy sucker into the hole when our house was finished.

Here is a short little video explaining "The Hole". I never did get to finish it the way I wanted to though.

My New Office - YouTube

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Nope, none of those are nitro. I only have two nitro planes, a 68" Decathlon with a 4 stroke and a 57" F4U with a 2 stroke. I have other nitro engines that I could put in other planes, I just never have.

The Bipe is a pain in my butt. No room to work, you have to use a battery that is too small because of space and it always wants to drop the tail in a turn. I only flew that plane twice I think. Just didn't feel right.

The Plaques on the wall are from racing (yup, it was RC). Further to the left are more trophy's and ribbons. That was the main reason I got out of racing. If you don't have any challenges, then why keep doing it. I used to have a lot more, but I gave them back so he could hand them out again.

Where the planes were (what I have dubbed "The Hole", was my office when I moved out of my old house. We were still in the process of buying my house and I had to stay with family for a while. There just wasn't any room in the house for all of my helicopters and planes and definitely not my computer. So I cleaned out this little shed and this is where I spent most of my time. At the time of this video, the pool table that you see in the first picture was actually in the garage where my banner is hanging now. My brother in law and I moved that heavy sucker into the hole when our house was finished.

Here is a short little video explaining "The Hole". I never did get to finish it the way I wanted to though.

My New Office - YouTube

Hey there Tony. There's nothing wrong with that. All it needs is a little TLC and some fine tune adjusting. At least you have something called a shop. Very cool!

Tony

Staff member
I'm not in "The Hole" anymore. It's storage that needs desparate cleaning because of my grandma's rabbits and mice. I need to find someone to come get this pool table and get it the hell out of here. so if anyone is around here, and wants it, it's free.

Top Bottom