My 250 Pro DFC

Well I just started flying in December and this is my first CP and the heli got to the left side of me and I freaked out, loosing orientation... I hit throttle hold but in the panic i gave negative collective so the heli hit hard. Snapped the feathering shaft in half, bent main shaft, destroyed some bearings and that really is about all that broke. Oh and the anti-rotation collar and canopy, but I had a new one of those already on order. Arrived today.

So long story short, I was feeling pretty comfortable with hovering and started doing some slow circuits. Somehow i screwed up the orientation and got freaked out when it was on my side....

The thing is that I am doing 3D tricks on the sim and with the real thing I am nervous flying... Oh well I will get better

I have about 25 packs in it now with 2 crashes. Somehow the tail has survived both times.

Admiral

Good looking Heli, sorry to hear about the crash, orientation is one of the biggest learning curves, I have found that when I get disoriented if I push the nose down that the brain seems re-orientate itself with the helicopter, providing I have enough height that is. If I'm too low then it normally means a rebuild.

IMGP2280.jpgJust got all the parts ordered. I have my canopy already and hopefully later this week I can rebuild..

- - - Updated - - -

Not the most crsip lines but it was very discounted and the way i am flying I will be getting a new one sometime soon.....:lmao:

IMGP2280.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, I was at that point too where I could do anything in the sim, but locked up IRL. sometimes, you just have to push yourself slowly to progress.

cml001

I like the canopy! Sweet bird the 250.. Wish I had went that route instead of the blade sr... Still want one really.

- - - Updated - - -

Never seen a spindle snapped in two! Wow!

Tony

Staff member
On a 250, the feathering shaft will snap in just about every crash. On a 250, having spares of dampers, feathering shafts, bearings and thrust bearings is a must.

xokia

Yeah, I was at that point too where I could do anything in the sim, but locked up IRL. sometimes, you just have to push yourself slowly to progress.
yup......Its a rude awakening when you get to real life. I stopped flying in the sim because of it.......well that and the sim is just boring. I also have problems seeing anything other then a 700 in the sim. Your depth perception gets screwed up.

Well I just started flying in December and this is my first CP and the heli got to the left side of me and I freaked out.
The 250 IMO isn't the best heli to start out on as far as CP helis go. I think a trex 450 would be better suited for a beginner. I had a 250 and really liked the size of it. Problem was it flew like poop and the tail wouldn't hold for squat. You have to buy a high torque mks95i servo to overcome the crappy tail design.

Last edited:

Ken Jackson

Too bad. Till you get more comfortable with CP set your pitch curve at 40 50 65 75 100. That will take away the negative pitch. Just don't try inverted or loops with that setting, Lol

Good luck with the rebuild!
Ken

Nice heli:) shame on the crash. What's the board and markings

My make shift landing pad was one of my kids toys, kind of a basketball shooting game. My basset hound puppy ate some the parts so I scrapped the wood part for a LZ... It is a little small for me, I have trouble landing on it.. I need to make a bigger LZ

- - - Updated - - -

IMGP2281.jpgIMGP2282.jpgIMGP2284.jpgWell I got to do a little rebuilding today while watching some auto races....

I am waiting for a ball to come tomorrow (for servo) and then I can level the swash and hopefully get her in the air.

Parts Replaced = Main Block Bearings, All bearings in the head assembly, anit-rotation collar, skids, canopy, main shaft, feathering shaft, and main gear.

The reason behind the pink zip ties, "Daddy you dont have enough pink on your helicopter" says my 3 year old daughter..........

IMGP2281.jpg

IMGP2282.jpg

IMGP2284.jpg

Top Bottom