General multiplex easy star

anthony o

Ok.. I got talked in to getting a plane.as a side line to learning to fly helicopters...
when down Tenby south wales in the UK.. called in west wales models.. he showed me this plane and said if he got rid of all his planes and helis, but could save one...
the multiplex easy star would be the one.........
on an auction site. there was one for sale.. the bloke brought it got scared and got rid... he had brought all the stuff to build...
I got it............... now it is built I have to fly it,.........
trying to find some spare time to go the fields for my maiden flight......... when the rain finally stops and the wind drops...
anyone got this model... what do you think of it..
come on the weekend... and the good weather plus a happy wife to allow me to disappear for a while
going to join a slope flying club in the Leek Moorlands area of Stoke to get some expert help and get a grade so that I can visit other clubs around the UK..
in the meantime the Phoenix flight sim will get some hammer................. swap between the heli and the easy star on there..
got my hubsan quad to keep my thumbs going..
I will be airborne some how........................

Derek

Congrats on the getting the Easy Star!!! I really should be a very docile plane and relatively simple to fly.

I really believe that flying planes, as well as my heli's, helps in many ways. It's added stick time so it's also added orientation practice. The Easy Star isn't a "Super Speeder" but I have no doubt that it will help.

Crusade

I am not sure i would learn both at the same time in fact i wouldn't.Flying planes is totally different to helicopters as in a plane wants to fly and will try too if things go wrong but a helicopter wants to be on the ground and will do everything it can to be there. Especially the Easystar glider as it will be very forgiving and give you a sense of better time to correct if things go wrong which will not give you in a helli....

anthony o

hello world I am back..... been flying the easy star but decided to cut in some aileron, was ok with rudder and elevator,, but I have moved on. also managed to get a hobbyking walrus,, that is one forgiving plane,, also picked up a nice little toy.. paramotor kite,, only a cheap one but fun, got my very first plane back in the air,, electra sport that is just rudder and elevator, only on a calm day. crazy in the wind,, all on the 2.4 spektrum DX8,, out early mornings on my days off... makes you feel good to bring the planes back and in one piece...... and as many pieces that you went out with... play with my hubsan quad when down the caravan....... also parrot 2 drone...,, now what makes you think that I am hooked on this hobby

Tony

Staff member
Ailerons, I think, make a plane much easier to fly. I know why they want to go 3ch for the new guys out there, but 4ch is the way to go. Sounds like you are having a blast with this little guy. If you get a chance, post up some video!

anthony o

yeah they all say three channel to start with. but some flyers never use the rudder,, just bank and yank.. I use both,, and am finding it easier, but still like the three channel challenge.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, using the rudder will help for those that want to progress to helicopters where you have to use the rudder. At least it's a theory anyway lol. I have never flown 3ch and don't think I could quite honestly. Too used to ailerons.

anthony o

I want to get up to the leek moorlands in staffordshire and do some slope soaring, so am left to fly on my own and learn one crash at a time.... to get good enough to fly with the big boys

Top Bottom