Multiple Tornadoes, Baseball Size Hail

Tony

Staff member
When you live in Oklahoma, you respect the fact that a tornado can come out of just about any storm. Especially one like you see here in this video. This supercell thunderstorm produced multiple tornadoes, baseball size hail and tore yet another path through Moore Oklahoma. Lots of damage, overturned cars, trucks and semi's and multiple structures damaged as well as powerlines down.

There is another storm over the top of me right now that could possibly have dollar size hail and strong winds. More so than what you see in the video. Welcome to Oklahoma!

https://youtu.be/xthtyzdrEao

Tony

Staff member
Nah bro, keeps you young and on your toes! I would rather have this than hurricanes. I would say earthquakes, but we have those just about every day.

Admiral

We are heading into Autumn (Fall), but getting similar storms caused by the unseasonable warm weather temperature are Celsius 22 to 32 (Fahrenheit 71 to 86) it happens most years but not normally this late in the year.

646817-a7a6fcb2-6b3e-11e3-aa3c-e3f5e2bbedfd.jpgimages.jpg786888-mt-tamborine-storm-clouds.jpg

We have been lucky at home so far only torrential rain no significant hail.

646817-a7a6fcb2-6b3e-11e3-aa3c-e3f5e2bbedfd.jpg

images.jpg

786888-mt-tamborine-storm-clouds.jpg

callsign4223

Staff member
I'm a true okie, watched it all from the front porch. Only problem was keeping my son from running out in the hail. :)

Tony

Staff member
As I was shooting the video, and taking the pictures, I was in the back yard with my bourbon lol. I will try to get teh videos uploaded on here soon. And Keith, that is what we had here and then some. Have it when it damages stuff, but it's quite impressive. The wife had to go to work in this stuff and said when she got to work (after driving through a hail core) that everything was green. For those that don't know, if the sky is green, there is hail in them there clouds lmao.

Admiral

Looks intimidating, I imagine everything dead calm, even the birds stop singing, it builds and builds then Bang all hell breaks loose, well that how it happens here.

murankar

Staff member
I live all of that except the tornado part. You can keep the tornados, give me a good storm every once in a while. Storms seem to be calming to some degree.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom