Micro MSR ISSUE.... Very interesting.. and frustrating

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
So.. I figured, that I need some more sim time... But as I do tend to get bored on the sim after 30 mins or so... I thought...hey.... for backwards flights and funnels I can use the mSR... its lying there... and seriously a toy now... But I love it still.. so much!!

anywaz... I charged the batteries.. plugged it in... gave throttle... it got stuck at that throttle... No response on my inputs.. servos were jittering, and the tail motor was intermittent.. The gave cyclic and the servos went up slowwww... and then slammed down and got stuck as if I had jammed my stick one way..

Obvious thought... I fried my batteries / and or the main board... I put a new battery... same thing.. so its the board.. I called HH... they were very nice and sent me a new board totally free... I was happy.. Well I got that board yesterday.. and installed it in.. plugged it in with the new battery (s)

guess what.. same thing.. I have no stinkin clue what the heck is wrong. Either the brand new board that came from HH has the same issue, OR.... THERE IS SOMETHING ELSE WRONG... I am not sure what.. I lost my main bearings for my mcpx.. so I am gonna go to LHS to pick up some.. I am thinking I will replace those on mSR too, its bearings are the rusted ones that came out of the mcpx.. But I will rebuild this bird... may be try a different tail motor or no motor..I have a spare main motor too I'll try that... I am not sure.. Have y'all heard/ had this issue before!! ?? let me know!

THanks

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
naahhh.. figured it out.. its the tail the brushed tail's cap was coming loose so it was basically shorting.. took it off put an old tail i had.. the board worked fine, but the tail i have on is stupid.. it doesnt work as well. its dying. I have an old mcpx tail motor.. will that work on this? ??

Tony

Staff member
If I remember correctly, the tails are exactly the same. But, they are cheap enough at the LHS

chuck-o

I see this thread is a couple months old, was the tail motor really the cause?
Did changing it solve the problem?
This sounds very similar to what happened to my 120sr.
Except when my controls froze up and the main motor wouldn't shut down I was outside and my bird flew away never to be seen again.
When I called the support line the dealer gave me the guy on the other end basically told me that was too bad, the only solution was "investment ".
I only had the thing a week.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
That really really sucks!! It coudnt have gotten that far to not be found??

Yes it was a short in my tail that caused it. Any short would cause the same response. So if not the tai could have been some other wiring. But it was a short on yours too then.

Now my msr flies... I gave it To my uncle to learn flying, he flings it around all day. Lol

murankar

Staff member
thats to bad for both of you. The only issue I have with my 120sr is that it does not like forward stick to much. I have to give full forward to get it to move slowly. I have high rate on and have the advanced swash set. I do how ever notice that it likes to move really fast forward while in turns. Maybe it's the pilot nor sure.

chuck-o

Heh, everyone keeps telling me to look for it.
Believe me, I have.
I live in Fitchburg Ma.
The second hilliest city in the country next to San Fran.
At first I thought it stuck in the top of a very large Spruce across the street.
I've climbed the damn thing twice now, gone over it very carefully with binoculars, no luck.
This neighborhood is loaded with thick weeds and laurels between houses.
It's gone. Period.
Now that I am looking around on line I am seeing that this is not as isolated an occurrence as I was first led to believe.
My main question is why the manufacturer does not incorporate some kind of automatic shutdown when control is lost.
I really can't see that being an insurmountable engineering problem.
I guess it is more profitable not to.
I am not happy with the response I got from the HH support line.

j1273

I killed my board recently in a crash!!!
Very annoying but Im not paying for a new one not now I have Phoenix!!
Jay

Top Bottom