FBL Gyro MSH Brain

Slobberdog

Well took 3 batteries out this morning, conditions were gusty but only 8-10 mph normally, and I have to say the 500 done amazing, saying that I have some work to do,

My results from testing

Tail kicks about 2-3" on collective climb out.
Tail piro rate to slow, got the flight mode set at beginner and static piros are just not quick enough for me, can I adjust this out and keep the cyclic response that beginner mode gives.

And I tried Self Level, and the bird nose downs when applied so I need to adjust that out in the software, if someone can tell me how I would be great full.

Man this thing is so much better than the 3Gx as it stays in place for me while doing a piro, could not get that feeling with the 3Gx, I am liking this gyro A LOT!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
In the tail setting turn on the throttle and pitch pre comp. that'll solve your tail kick issue .. Also increase gain until you get wag... Like fly forward and backwards flights, and tune for the highest gain possible

As far as the self level. I am hoping you leveled the bird well on a desk with a level before setting the self level. If you did. Then vibrations are getting to the gyro. :)

Slobberdog

Thanks Gaba, will check that pre comp out,

Yes bird well levelled but no visible vibes, not to say there's not any there, just not sure where to start, I did put the unit on with Align tape though as could not get the ikon gel stuff off the backing without making a mess of it, will have to try that stuff again I think.

Slobberdog

Thanks Dan and Graham

Will look at the ikon tape and may order the PU tape, but gonna put a bit of adjustment in the software and see how that does,

When adjusting that if you go negative value on elevator slider which way is that adjusting nose up or nose down

Graham Lawrie

You should be able to see the servo movement? I set mine up on basic settings and it flew fine? I have not gone inverted with it yet or tested the auto level:)
Should be nose up?

Slobberdog

App bought now just waiting for my Coolice bluetooth adaptor, so excited I could crush a grape, until then best pack the laptop with me, :arms::nervous::arms:

Last edited:

Slobberdog

Well my Blue tooth adaptor arrived today, will install later and see how it goes, done a few alterations on the lappy yesterday now just to try them out tonight, roll on 6pm until then best get back to work!

Slobberdog

guys I know this has been asked before, but while the Bluetooth is connected to the ikon its always on, if I disconnect from my phone that's ok for flight yes,

Top Bottom