Moving Servers Soon

Tony

Staff member
I just wanted to let everyone know that we will be moving servers here soon. We are having way too many issues on this current forum and have no choice. From double posting, to code errors, to not being able to upload photos, I can't take it anymore. It's time to go back to the more expensive server.

Sometime this weekend, the forum will be going down. I'm not sure if it's going to be for a couple hours, or a couple days, but i'm going to try my best to make it only a couple hours. If you have any questions, please email me directly at admin@rc-help.com.

Thanks again for making this forum the best forum on the net!

BOKI

Tony your are doing a great job! & the site is great & all your videos also! Just do what you can & take your time ! Will miss the site if you go down! :lol: :twothumbsup:

- - - Updated - - -

Tony your are doing a great job! & the site is great & all your videos also! Just do what you can & take your time ! Will miss the site if you go down! :lol: :twothumbsup:

Tony

Staff member
It's not "If" we go down, it's "when". The site will have to go down so that I can back up the server and move it to the new one. Once that is done, the site should be back up to do some testing.

Graham Lawrie

It's not "If" we go down, it's "when". The site will have to go down so that I can back up the server and move it to the new one. Once that is done, the site should be back up to do some testing.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH..............what will i do without my daily fix of RC-Help?????????:)

murankar

Staff member
Yeah my wife has an issue, I am addicted to my multiple doses of RCH on a daily basis. I might end up with withdraw this weekend. That should give me time to finish the editing of my videos that I have.

Tony

Staff member
lmao, that seems to be a familiar issue among married men on this forum. I will try to make this as fast as I can and do it when most people are not on here.

Tony

Staff member
Alright everyone, I will be shutting down the forum here shortly as you can see at the top of the forum. I will be shutting it down, making a full backup and moving it to the new server. Once that is done, I will do my best to get everything back up and running before midnight CST.

If you have any questions, now is the time to ask. I will leave the forum open for a bit so you can ask what you need to.

Graham Lawrie

I just wanted to let everyone know that we will be moving servers here soon. We are having way too many issues on this current forum and have no choice. From double posting, to code errors, to not being able to upload photos, I can't take it anymore. It's time to go back to the more expensive server.

Sometime this weekend, the forum will be going down. I'm not sure if it's going to be for a couple hours, or a couple days, but i'm going to try my best to make it only a couple hours. If you have any questions, please email me directly at admin@rc-help.com.

Thanks again for making this forum the best forum on the net!

Back up and running:) Well done Tony:) the bright side to my insomnia this morning(3.24 am in Scotland) :)

Tony

Staff member
Does the forum seem a little slow to you guys? If so, I will have to do some digging and make it faster. It may be my internet though. I pinged the forum and it was doing just fine. Let me know.

Derek

I think the speed of the forum is just as it was before the changeover. I dont notice it being slower.

Tony

Staff member
I'm pretty sure it's my internet. If the speed is the same, then it's FAST lol. That is all we can ask for. Let me know if you see any issues.

Tony

Staff member
Good deal! My internet likes to mess with me every now and then. Looks like this is one of those times.

BOKI

Sounds like we all feel the same way were all spoiled by Tony! Once you have the best that's what you always want ! A 5***** Site ! :lol: ::twothumbsup:

- - - Updated - - -

Seems OK to me Tony! :lol: :twothumbsup: Speed seems Good!

Tony

Staff member
Good deal. I'm trying to load up a server here at the house so that I can check my LAN speed. I'm thinking either my switch, router or modem is the cause for the slow down. I will find out soon. But it has gotten a little faster. May have just been a cookie issue.

Top Bottom