Quad mounting fpv cam on a diatone et200

Hey all! Am back on my et200 frame project and just have to mount the fpv cam. I picked up a quanum bundle, and was thinking of mounting the cam on the top rather than the front. What would be the consensus of the group?

Has anyone else done this, and if so what was their most effective mounting strategy?

Tony

Staff member
I wouldn't mount it on the top. Usually it's mounted on the lower plate but below the top plate so that it's protected in a crash. And you will crash. If it's on the top, then it's unprotected. but if you keep it where it's supposed to go, and push it back in the frame a bit, you can crash and never touch the camera.

cheers! I may need to relocate the rx as it's sat where the cam would normally go. now I just have to figure out a strategy to mount it in place :)

ok, so had a little reconfigure on the positioning of some of the components and now have a nice little space for the camera. However, one of the problems on the diatone frame is that the gap at the front is tapered, so I have two possible solutions:

1) take a mini-cutter to the front to straighten out the space
2) get a small harness printed out on our office 3d printer

To be honest, I think the first solution would be better as it will keep the weight down without the extra plastic so might have a go today

Top Bottom