Projects Mountaindewdude76 Scratch Build Fleet

Derek

I have seen a lot of really cool planes on this forum. Many are kits and many are project builds. Just awesome!!! I wanted to share with you all the fleet of planes that I've built. I don't own a single kit. All my planes are scratch built/project planes. Some are my own design and some are copies of friends planes (permission to copy was given, of course).

Here's my fleet of planes as well as my Trex 500e
Fleet.jpg

I still have to get electronix for most of these planes, but 2 of these planes are complete and have been flown. 1 plane is complete and hasn't been flown due to unpleasant weather.

If there are any questions about any of these planes, just ask. I've had a lot of fun building them all.

Anyway...I just wanted to share. :)

Fleet.jpg

Tony

Staff member
DUDE, WHAT THE HELL MAN?!?!?!?!?!!

Where in the HELL is the RC-HELP Trainer?

Where in the hell did I put that ban stick...:banned:

Derek

What trainer are you talking about? lol

and just so you know, i've taken the ban stick...i have a closet full of them, lol.

murankar

Staff member
UH yeah what he said!!!!! :lol:

-----ADDED---------

Look in the rc help store. its a free plan and it comes with a complete how to build series.

Last edited:

Derek

Well gosh! I never saw this. I'll have to get on it. I have 12 straight days off work coming up. Sounds like the RCH Trainer would make a practical use of my time off and besides that....I surely don't want to upset Tony, lol.

hmmm, how do I download this Trainer? I see an "Add to Cart" button.

BOKI

Nice bunch of airplanes you have there! How do the double tail ones fly! ? Best in your flying! :lol: :twothumbsup:

Tony

Staff member
You just go through the process like you are buying it. You dont' have to enter any paypal info or anything. Once you are done, you will see the download button.

And how could you not see this? YOu spend hours on the site lmao. Almost as much as me. Anyway, let me know what you think of the one I built.

If you have not seen it yet, check out the link below for the very first one I built. I had a hard time with it at first, then the plane just got stable as hell lol. Then the motor burnt up lmao. The night version is even better.

Rc-Help's New Trainer Plane

Rc-Help Trainer... Night Flying Edition

Derek

Actually, BOKI, I don't know how well they fly yet. I haven't gotten them complete with electronix yet. I have a nasty habit of building one plane after another and not even getting the electronix for the previous planes. The red triangular wing, the blue glider, and the white plane on the left are the planes that have electronix. Then to make things worse...i started building my BIG plane but I did buy the servos, motor, and esc for the BIG plane. Still need to order lipo's, Rx pack, and control horns. I do want to get these all completed over the winter months and get the all in the air in Spring 2013.

Derek

i dunno how I missed it, Tony! Once again, I have to apologize, lol. Not only do I see it now, but I will build it, too. I even bought a box of that foamboard just last week. All 50 sheets of foamboard are here...well, 46...I had to use 4 of them.

Ok Tony...the download is complete. Thanks!

Derek

Ok...question time.

When I printed out the first page, to check the 5" scale, the 5" scale like was 4 1/2". That was with my HP printer set for "Fit." I then reprinted that first page, after changing from "Fit" to "Actual Size" and I was able to get the 5" scale line. However, just as you mention in your video, using "Actual Size," some edges did get cut off. How much of an issue is this and should I just reprint all the pages, with my printer set to "Fit," and have my scale line be 4 1/2"?

Tony

Staff member
There is another option other than what you mentioned. Something like "No formatting" or something. For everything to line up, it needs to be setup for 5". But can be done at 4.5", it will just be 10% smaller. And smaller means less stable. But not by much.

Tony

Staff member
Make sure "Page Scaling" is set to "None". After you hit ctrl+P, it's at the lower left just up from the bottom. And if you have a scaling option under printer advanced properties, that should be off as well.

Derek

I dunno what the deal is with my printer. I couldn't find anything that said Page Scaling. I spent some time messing around with it and just gave up, lol. I printed out the pages with the scale line being 4 1/2". I'm working tonight and tomorrow night, then I'm off for 12 straight days. I may decide to mess around with the settings more and if I can get the scale line to be 5", I'll reprint them. I think the wife is gonna like this.

murankar

Staff member
The build is going to be fun. It a really great design. I have this as a maybe build just to build it. Electrics would come later even though all in would need is a motor and prop. I also like lee's f22.

Tony

Staff member
Derek, let me see if I can do some work one of these days on the plans. I may try to make the plans bigger so that you can just print them on the normal setting and be fine with it. But it will be a while before I can work on the plans.

Top Bottom