450 Motor running hot ?

treff

Hi to all. The Turnigy motor on my 450 is beginning to run quite hot, well very hot near to the shaft. Everything is free, no binding, no wear on the main gear. I suspect
the motor is beginning to die and sounds a little sick. Could be the motor bearing if they have any. Any other ideas would be most welcome. Thanks

Slobberdog

I think you have covered all the possibilities in your post Treff, have you ever oiled the bearings in the motor,

treff

Thanks both. No I have never looked inside one to be honest but it's definitely beginning to squeal so it down to the bearing i think. Time for a replacement.
Thanks again.
Just looking at the Align motors 1700kv and 3400kv which one is the better to fit into a HK450gt pro2 frame? All suggestions most welcome. Thanks

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
The 1700 is for 6s and the 3400 is for 3s. If your on a 3s go for the latter of the 2.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

treff

Thanks murankar I wasn't to sure so 3400 needs to be ordered. That makes this 450 completely Align now, apart from the frame I have changed everything LOL.
Thanks again

treff

Thanks Tony I will give it a try although it as been running cold for about a year so I suspect the bearing. I have dismantled the motor and can see
nothing amiss so I will change out the bearings if I can get them and pop it back. The motor is Turnigy 2836-3200 so almost a throw away item
but it would be nice to repair just for the learning of how to do it. Cheers

Rico

If or when you take the motor apart, try to look at the magnet's to see if there is some small metal splints in there, and if there is some you can take them out with some scotsh tape :)
metal splints can ware your motor out in no time.

treff

Thanks for the info Rico appreciate it. Motor is now stripped down but looks pretty clean. I am going to replace the bearings and have another go. Thanks again

Top Bottom