Motors motor kv

grumpy1

Ok need some more help....info on kv rating on motor...I'm looking for a 46 size an have found several in that size all are turnigy 46s ...420 kv...550kv...an 670kv...i know there is an rpm difference with the same voltage applied to each motor...so what is the determining factor on each one ....torque...speed...flight time...so does lower kv rating equate to more torque less speed...higher kv more speed more responsive...nust how does that work ....thanks

Tony

Staff member
You are correct, the higher the KV, the more rpm it can spin, but less torque and vice versa. And that is a good size motor. What are you putting it in?

Derek

Hey grumpy1...I saw that you were looking for a .46 sized motor and I saw that you are in Georgia. Unless you are completely sold on the Turnigy motors, I have an alternative for you to look at. At Grayson Hobby, also in Georgie, you can get this motor here:

Dynam-RC & Detrum Parts | Drones GH Power 25 - 0.46 Gas Conversion - GH2826-05 Brushless Motor & 60A ESC Servos, Lipo Batteries, Gimbals, FPV

I have this motor. I've had it for nearly 2 years and it's still a powerful workhorse. I run it on my scratch built 53" wingspan STOL Cub on 3S and I've never had a problem. The plane is unbelieveable on 4S. It's also rated for 5S but I don't have any 5S packs. Anyway...that 840kv motor and a 60amp esc for $60 is awesome!!! Best of luck with your project!!!

grumpy1

In fact i got 2 new planes I'm building a sig kavil

- - - Updated - - -

Man i wasn't finished like i was saying building 2 new planes a new goldburg tiger 2 and a sig kaviler....both are gonna have that size 46 motor.....on the sig kaviler I'm gonna put flaps on that one....so I'll probably be asking for advice on that project at some point....really enjoy the building as much as flyin....just aint the same to buy an fly....tooo much old school...huh

Top Bottom