Quad More V959 Questions.

redidbull

I have recently gotten a V959 Quad copter. I have a few issues and need a bit of help. First off I stink at flying it. It seems to track a bit to the left when it takes off. I can only trim the direction to one side. Seems as if the controller isn't working 100%. Also after a crash, very minor as I haven't gotten too far off the ground, I need to pull the battery out to reestablish communication with the copter flying. The lights turn on and off but no propellers. Also when running in 40%, have tried higher values. one prop seems to take a bit more throttle to get up to speed. Any help would be appreciated. I do not want to send this back but will if it is indeed defective. Thanks. Jim

Lee

Make sure that you put it on a nice flat surface quickly after plugging in the battery.
If the quad is moving in your hand as its initialising, the gyros won't see level, and it won't fly properly.
Is there something in the manual about how to recalibrate it? I thought i heard somewhere there was. Let me do some checking if no one else chimes in before.

Lee

Ok just found this.

The quad would take off backwards or sideways no matter how much I adjusted the trim. Time and again it would fly off of it's own accord in any darn direction it chose. A stable hover was immpossible! I may be fairly new to this but noway it should be this hard to fly so I ventured inside to see what was to be seen.

Nothing obvious was to be found so I decided to try again whilst the canopy was off. Guess what, it flew perfectly, hovered like it was locked in mid air and went everywhere I told it to.

Not believing the evidence in front of my eyes, I re-conected the LEDs and the canopy and it flew like a crap again

Back off with the LED connections and canopy, flys great!

So my suggestion is try it with out the canopy. Then try with the canopy on but the LEDs disconnected. This should tell you if its the canopy or the LEDs causing an issue, if thats your problem.
Let me know.

Stambo

Is it a actual V959 or a upgraded V212 6 axis version.
Also, if it has a 20% rate, don't even use it. Use at least 40% or even 60%.
I have been flying these things for ages and I have no control at 20%.
As Lee said, it is CRITICAL that you put it on a flat surface very quickly when you plug the battery in.
Try plugging the quad in, waiting until the fast flashes (canopy off is easiest) and then quickly turn on the tx.
It may initialise better.
If none of this helps, a video speaks volumes.
That way we can see exactly what it does and how severely.
If the drift is only slight, you can try propping up the side it drifts to, on a cd case when you plug the battery in.

redidbull

Thank you for all the suggestions. I did not do anything like put it flat. I was not aware of that. Could that also be the reason I constantly need to unplug it. Thanks. Jim

Stambo

Thank you for all the suggestions. I did not do anything like put it flat. I was not aware of that. Could that also be the reason I constantly need to unplug it. Thanks. Jim

With a heavier crash sometimes I have to disconnect mine but it has to be quite hard.
Make sure the throttle trim is not up a bit, even try putting it a bit lower.

redidbull

I got a chance to play a bit yesterday. I ran her inside on 60%. I did the sync on level surface and it was a lot easier to control. I still have no trim on the controller to the left but was able to control it much better. The controls are a bit touchie as everyone has said. If the instructions had said something about the sync it would have been a help. Any suggestions about what I should do with the trim problem? Will I really need it? I do not want to send this back if I can help it. Thanks for all the help. Jim

Stambo

What do you mean by no trim?
If the trim button does nothing when you move it left, that is a problem that you will need to address.
Take a video and show us what you mean.

redidbull

This button does nothing when moved to the left. It is OK to the right. I did get it to go once or twice but not since. Thanks. Jim

controller.jpg

Stambo

Mode 1 or mode 2. If it's the rudder (mode 2) I would not be too concerned, unless you already have some right trim applied and you can't get it back.
I guess it depends on where you got it. If it was local I would take it back.
Otherwise if you are comfortable taking it apart, do so.
It looks like it is not centrally mounted and that might be all it is.
If you decide to take it apart, remove the batteries first. :)

redidbull

Mode 2. That controller is just a internet pic, not mine. I may just leave it for now. I can fix it later if it becomes a problem. Thanks. Jim

Top Bottom