Micro More spares required

Slobberdog

Well had to order a new tail boom, put the old one on for now as the new one I put on failed, well I have given it a bit of a battering lately, add that to a new canopy (wish they were a bit stronger) and new mcpx tail blades by KBDD,

Note to myself, must try a bit harder not to crash, oops LOL :hopelessness:

pvolcko

Those tiny heli's are quick. Have to stay on top of my nCPx to keep it off the walls. Flying it outside is a blast though. :)

pvolcko

I'm lucky, I have a room that's about 15'x24'x9'. I can only use maybe 18' of the length of the room, and have to avoid some high priced obstacles, but it is enough to be able to do slow circles and circuits and have a little room to save it if need be.

xokia

add that to a new canopy (wish they were a bit stronger)
Repair the canopies with shoe goo. I used to replace canopies and then once you get tired of forking out a bunch of money for canopies you figure out how to repair them. My 130x canopy has SOOOO many crack and rips lol. Its been repaired numerous times. I've gotten to the point I will be sad when I eventually have to replace it.

Lee

Toilet paper and Super glue, works every time ;) I've repaired many canopies like this from the inside for strength. And for minor scratches/cracks to the gel coat i use clear nail polish.

Slobberdog

Well I missed my package this morning when I picked up the rest of the mail from our reception, but just noticed it now sitting on the shelf above our desk, LOL what am I like, so parts here to keep me flying my 100 while the bits for my 450 come back, should be here tomorrow morning anyway as Align_trex.co.UK is really good, been ordering quite a bit from them lately.

KBDD tail blades look good quality, and are bright white, mmmmmmhhhhh.

Must remember STOP CRASHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :highly_amused:

Slobberdog

Toilet paper and Super glue, works every time ;) I've repaired many canopies like this from the inside for strength. And for minor scratches/cracks to the gel coat i use clear nail polish.

Great tip that Lee, worked a charm, even with el cheapo super glue that I got lying around, so old canopy back in business, keep new canopy for another day,

Slobberdog

Repair the canopies with shoe goo. I used to replace canopies and then once you get tired of forking out a bunch of money for canopies you figure out how to repair them. My 130x canopy has SOOOO many crack and rips lol. Its been repaired numerous times. I've gotten to the point I will be sad when I eventually have to replace it.

Got the shoe goo, can't believe they had it in my local model shop

Slobberdog

It's for fixing shoes, xokia swears by it for fixing cracked canopies, so I am gonna give it a go, that is if my toilet paper and super glue fix that Lee told me about don't hold up, but its looking good at the moment

Tony

Staff member
It's just a clear flexible silicone like glue. Works great for fixing canopies as long as you don't put too much on it.

Adam

And make your own tail booms out of carbon rod if you can since i am not familiar with the 100. I did for my mcpx and i havent broken one since.

xokia

Got the shoe goo, can't believe they had it in my local model shop
Yea it's been used to fix RC car bodies for a long time I guess that's why hobby shops carry it. I just had the stuff laying around and decided to give it a try. The stuff is absolutely fantastic to fix plastic canopies. I can't imagine you would find anything better.

Tony is correct in that a little goes a long way. You smear it on and don't worry about what it looks like initially. After about 30 seconds the stuff will start to self level and look pretty decent. Best way I can describe the stuff is really really really thick rubber cement. I have not used the stuff to fix fiberglass canopies yet. I have used it to glue the canopy nuts into the fiberglass canopies and the stuff works fantastic for that. It will stick to just about anything.

For structural integrity the super glue and toilet paper might work better. I don't know which is actually better if one of you try it please report back because I'd love to know.

Top Bottom