General Moment Of Thought

I am not knocking Goblin, im just not a fan of polymer glass plastics, we tested the hell out of them in a lab, under different atmospheric conditions and heat generations the glass fibers go brittle and break causing distortion eventually, there is no reason with costs these days they are not made from a dyneema or Kevlar 1,000 times stronger and built to last and still could be on the shelf for the same price, protecting the valuables in the heart of the heli, goblin still by sheer looks will always sell, plastic or not, just love the look of your machine Smoggie

Smoggie

The Kraken doesnt use any plastic in load bearing frame/mechanical parts. The black parts are anodised aluminium, not plastic. The tail boom mount of the Kraken is all new. Hard to say it it's 'better' than the previous Goblin but it's certainly different. The Kraken has a beefy alloy plate moulded into the front of the carbon boom. The plate bolts with 3 nylon breakaway bolts to an alloy sub-frame which in turn bolts to the main frame structure. It's very well engineered. Check out the manual: https://goblin-helicopter.nyc3.cdn..../nKhkOVVIQwGX78gD8yNpZtc821tjEh0YBP9d0m3Y.pdf

Last edited:
Thank you Smoggie there seems fewer parts on the build than previous models, the new head set up is very similar to , I think it was a German heli I was looking at earlier, more flex in the head. the new boom set up seems to be a big improvement so does the head, I was never a fan of the old head, especially the shim or not to shim, how does she fly, does it feel better than previous models in the air. do you think its worth the extra to previous models. I am tempted to buy the 700 kraken, I like your servo and motor set up, how do you find the blades on the kraken I have herd mixed feelings, but I guess its what you gear it up to be

Smoggie

I’m pretty sure you would love how it builds and flies. I didn’t much like the Stock SAB blades, Azure blades seem to work much better, that’s what I’m running now

can you completely build the kraken and add the electrics later or do they need to be added as part of the build, I was just starting to study the manual you sent

Smoggie

can you completely build the kraken and add the electrics later or do they need to be added as part of the build, I was just starting to study the manual you sent
You could fully build it and add electronics later. There is good access to install everything so nothing needs to be ‘built-in’

murankar

Staff member
When they days comes for me to be single I may just go bankrupt on a kraken. Maybe not I can't even fly my 570 the way it should be.

If your looking for other quality kits MSH is just as solid as SAB.

Evening Smoggie, emailed SAB today about their new Kraken 570 for details, I will be getting one for test purposes to the one we have designed and just putting through its tests. if you jump out of a tree straight legged it breaks, bend your legs your body absorbs the shock we have started from feet up, I admire the design, agility of the apache heli, stealth bomber all taken from designs of nature the Bat, we have put together a total new concept, shock damped landing gear, which don't break off or stress the frame, total new carbon mixed kelvar frame 25 percent lower and 500 times stronger than current, full carbon Kevlar shell and tail, the tail boom is, how can I say diamond shape, matching the canopy and doesn't flex under any degree of force reversed the swash, put the motor at rear it is perfectly balanced, boom 15 percent shorter, all screws are titanium ,balanced titanium main gear shaft, shorter, new scoop and frame to protect the gyro and scoop keeps the motor 48 percent cooler. underneath canopy scoop keeps the electrics cooler because of its balance and its lighter it needs lower head speed longer running time, if it should fall it falls straight, detachable foam filled nose cone, the three of us are determined to build it half the price of the Kraken with more agility of the bat, the boom shape keeps the heli rock solid stable, we was all board in lock down spent 6 months on this project just for fun. to many things to list in its design and features we will be thorough testing it and making changes over the next six months

Top Bottom