General Model Sounds

Jimbo

I did not see a section for receivers, so I'll post it here. I have hooked up a Talon ESC to the RX, but no FBL, as I was only using it to test the sound card. The RX has AUX1 & 2 and gear. I plugged the two leads from the sound card into AUX1 & 2, but can not get any switches on the TX to respond to them. Does this have to be hooked up to an FBL, before I can get these to work?

Jim

holtneil

Hi does that sound card pick up off the throttle channel to give the engine sound of the helicopter

holtneil

On the plane one it says the motor is servo one pin so this is were the throttle channel will go

Jimbo

Thank you hotneil. I have found the start up, Huey Whop, Whop, Whop and the shutdown sounds. Having listened to these sounds, more times then I care to remember, I can say they are very true to life.

Thus far, I have yet to get everything set up to work correctly via the TX, but as soon as I do, I will post a video.

Jim

Jimbo

Only trouble with that one, is they use real speakers. The sound on the Mr Rc is very real and the transducer is small, turning the fuselage into the speaker. That is what drew me toward it.

From researching, I think I need to adjust the throttle trim to get things to sync.

Jim

holtneil

They do the same transducer as mr rc , will be interesting to hear the sound as the Cobra has not a lot of room to fit anything and the fibreglass body is stiff
they so a sound file for the Cobra which you said is the same as the Huey , I need to look into how to get the throttle signal to it as the Cobra only has a FBL unit NO receiver to wire to

Jimbo

My mistake. I only saw the speakers. My shell is thin too, so I am experimenting with putting something between the shell and the transducer.

One of my helicopters has an FBL, but needed a satellite receiver (Spirit Pro). I can still set up two ports on it to act as an open channel, like on a receiver. Will yours do that?

Jim

holtneil

Hi my Goblin has the spirit pro but my Cobra has the Kbar blue , so may be a split lead off the throttle
my cobra body is stiff so transducer may work well

Jimbo

I have now learned that the split lead off the throttle is the way to make it work. Start in normal mode, throttle down, bump the throttle and the start up sound begins, once it reaches rotor sound, flip to IU1. After you land flip back to normal (throttle down) and the shutdown sound starts.

Jim

Jimbo

The saga continues. From further testing, it would appear that the soundboard is linked to the throttle and I have not been able to change that. Repeated PM's and emails for Mr RC Sound (Andy) have gone ignored to date.

At 25%, the sound is great, but you can't lift off the ground at 25%. Bump IU1 up to 75%, where it is flyable and the rotor sound is way too fast to sound correct.

I am still looking for a work around, but I fear that Andy may have to rework the board, for use with helicopters and I doubt he will do that.

At this moment, I would say this is a great sound system for fixed wing aircraft, but not at all for helicopters.

Jim

Tony

Staff member
Try setting up a mix and plug the sound into another channel. Something where 0-100 on the throttle equals 0-25 on the sound board. Just a thought.

Top Bottom