VTX Mobula 7 Won’t Connect To Goggles

Echo4alpha

Hi all, I’ve had the mobula 7 for a couple of weeks (not newer HD version) and unlike my first couple of quads it does not connect to my fat shark recons automatically. I have to find the channel every time. My question is whether or not this is typical of smaller whoop style drones or is there a way to fix this? Or is it a goggle issue and I need to upgrade?

Tony

Staff member
Is the quad or goggles changing channels when you power them off? If so, which one? I have this model, but don't have your goggles. I have yet to take my Mobula out of the package even though I have had it for a few weeks now (maybe longer lmao). But if it is the quad giving you issues, this will convince me to get it out and connect it to my Aomway goggles and see if it is doing the same thing on them as well.

Echo4alpha

Is the quad or goggles changing channels when you power them off? If so, which one? I have this model, but don't have your goggles. I have yet to take my Mobula out of the package even though I have had it for a few weeks now (maybe longer lmao). But if it is the quad giving you issues, this will convince me to get it out and connect it to my Aomway goggles and see if it is doing the same thing on them as well.
Ok, I went back to the paperwork that I got in the box and found what I did wrong during setup. I posted a picture to maybe spare you the same frustration. I’m gonna give those instructions a try now. I guess every time I find the channel and band it just doesn’t save it. I’m still learning.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 9

Tony

Staff member
Let me know how it goes. It's extremely windy here (for this little guy) so no flying today. But I am interested in how this little guy is going to fly.

Echo4alpha

Let me know how it goes. It's extremely windy here (for this little guy) so no flying today. But I am interested in how this little guy is going to fly.
Got it!
got it! The instructions were enough to at least help me understand a little more. So I learned from this which will help in the future.

Tony

Staff member
Oh, you went into the CLI and changed it there. I had to pull out my instruction set to see it lmao. Couldn't read the sideways picture you posted. Sometimes, they post sideways and I have no idea why lol. Glad you got it figured out though! I will point this out in the video that I am going to make on this little quad.

Echo4alpha

Oh, you went into the CLI and changed it there. I had to pull out my instruction set to see it lmao. Couldn't read the sideways picture you posted. Sometimes, they post sideways and I have no idea why lol. Glad you got it figured out though! I will point this out in the video that I am going to make on this little quad.
Yea I’m sure that might have been common knowledge for some folks but I’m so knew at flying that I sometimes have to scour the Internet for answers. Which is why I’m glad I became a member here. Thanks for your help.

Tony

Staff member
If it is common knowledge, I didn't know about it lol. I'm used to using the little button and setting the band and channel and calling it done. Never had to go into the CLI to program the channel. I'm sure I would have done the exact same thing you did while I was making the video about this little guy lol. Now because of this thread, we can help others keep from this issue.

Echo4alpha

If it is common knowledge, I didn't know about it lol. I'm used to using the little button and setting the band and channel and calling it done. Never had to go into the CLI to program the channel. I'm sure I would have done the exact same thing you did while I was making the video about this little guy lol. Now because of this thread, we can help others keep from this issue.
What’s your YouTube channel?

Echo4alpha

Wow, usually that is how people find us lol. How did you find us?

Here is my channel - RcHelpDotCom
Lol, I just googled a question I had a couple months ago and your website was at the top of the first page. I found the answer i was needing in your forums. Now I use it whenever I have an issue. I just started flying quads about 4 months ago so I’m real new. I’ll subscribe to your channel.

Tony

Staff member
Thanks for the sub, and that is awesome that you found us on google. I'm glad that we could help out. Quads are a lot of fun, but if you want the most fun, get into helicopters! You can simulate a helicopter and learn how to fly them by flying the quads in Rate mode. Much cheaper to crash a quad too lol.

Top Bottom