Mobius Action Cam Issues

Tony

Staff member
I have been doing reviews for various vendors here on the forum for a while now, and when I do them, I try to shoot all of the video when flying with the Mobius on top of my hat. Until now, I had thought the cameras on the quads were out of sync, but that may not be the issue.

I was editing the video for the review on the Walkera Runner 250, and in that video, I never had onboard flight footage. But the audio was still off. Now, this is not saying that the other cameras were not off a bit, but it got me thinking.

Since the audio/video sync was off on the mobius, I decided to go in and see if I could improve it by changing some settings. I did some searching, and I'm not the only one that was having this issue.

By default, the Video or Sound File Type is set to .mov which is known to cause this issue. .mp4 is also known to cause this issue as well. So I decided to set my recordings to .avi and see how it works.

First thing I noticed was the file was a bit smaller. I was not expecting this since when I render videos in .avi, they are usually MUCH larger! The other thing I noticed was the video quality was pretty much the same, great looking video. But most importantly, throughout the whole flight, the audio was never off.

I still have more work to do on this to verify my settings, but for now, .avi seems to sync up the audio/video like it should. I am running the latest firmware on the camera which is v2.37 at the time of this thread.

If you have seen the same issue in your videos with the mobius, post them up. Post up the video and let us see and let us know what your settings are.

trainrider06

I've been thinking of getting me a camera, and I'm between a Mobious and the Turnigy cam.
This is a difficult decision because it looks like both cams do well. I like the compactness of the Mobious though.

Tony

Staff member
Bro, the Mobius is a fantastic camera. Perfect picture and if I can get this audio/video issue worked out, it will be perfect. And I think I have it worked out. Just make sure to get a good SD card.

Tony

Staff member
Compact, 2 video modes, one photo mode, easy to program, wide and narrow FOV with the stock Lens, extra wide FOV with the "C" lens, but can still chose narrow FOV if wanted (I just don't like how the lens sticks out), and more parameters to change to get the perfect picture or video. You have seen my quad videos. And those were on stock settings.

trainrider06

Sounds good, looks good too! I gotta study up on this camera and the Turnigy one, I am leaning toward the Mobious though simply because it's so compact!

Tony

Staff member
I have flown my quad with and without it, and you notice very little change in CoG.

Top Bottom