General mixxing issue

bweber

Sorry about the noise and the finger hope you can help

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3XXunwPonFU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tony

Staff member
Okay, lets start from step one. Make sure your swash is set on 1 servo 90* as the manual states. Then, double check all of your endpoints and make sure they are all at 100%. Go into your swash mix and make sure everything is set at 60 to start off with. then go into the dual rate and expo and make sure they are set correctly.

On the servo that's not working, or not working like it should, find out what channel it's in. Go into the monitor setting in the Tx and watch the stick movements. Then just try to track down that issue. It's really hard to do without being there, but we will give it our best try.

Lee

Not that this will help now but. When you get it working again, make a copy of your setting in another model memory. So if you do make an error in your setting you can check the copy.

Tony

Staff member
He could actually copy them to teh computer in a file. He does have a DX8 afterall lol. But I agree.

bweber

Tony its a 3 servo 120° swash i still don't know what i did. all the end points and travel are set correctly

Tony

Staff member
Right, I know it's 3 servo, but didn't the instruction manual say to set it on 90*?

Lee

Tony i think your confused with Scotts swashplate issue and bwebers problem

Lee

I would go to a clean model and start from scratch with the settings. It can't hurt.

Tony

Staff member
I may be lmao. It's been a long day. If I am though, the servo setup is almost identical lmao. Yeah, I would do what Lee suggested and start from step one. When in doubt, start over.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Take a pic of your swash and servi linkages up close and post it. Its a 3 servo 90 degree setup .. I am pretty sure...

bweber

i did figure out what was wrong. when i mounted the receiver i disconnected my serves and stupid me put the the aileron in the throttle channel. but i have a new question now if i may change the subject. what is it i need to get to connect my hex extension to my starter? and on side note i see everyone either spelling out degree or using the * symbol but if you hold down your "alt" key and press 0176 on the num pad you get ° symbol not make anyone fell dumb its just a little known computer lingo

bweber

another dumb question. Can i use a 4500mAh 6V battery with a AR 8000 Rx? i just feel that the little 1500mAh battery i have now isn't going to last very long with 5 digital servos, full range telemetry and a satellite Rx all running on it. If I'm wrong about that let me know

Lee

I have always wondered how to get the º sign Thanks dude. As for the battery, i'll let someone else more teccy answer that, but from my uneducated guess, as long as the Voltage is right i think its ok??? But don't trust me. :D

Tony

Staff member
I love computers, and just got done building a new i7 in fact but I never knew or cared to learn all of the "ALT" commands lmao. I will try to remember that, thanks.

As for the battery, yes you can run it IF you run a BEC to drop that voltage down to about 5vDC. If you try to plug that battery in the way it is, you will trash your servos.

bweber

All DSM receivers have an operational voltage range of 3.5 to 9.6 volts. The H6040 and H6010 servos ( the ones i have on the heli) also say operational at 4.8 or 6.0 V and that is strait out of the manuals, so the new new question is how do the mAh affect things

Tony

Staff member
Mah doesn't affect anything but runtime. it's also used to calculate the max amp draw of the battery. Just remember, if you hook anything over 6vDC to the Rx, the servos are trash.

Top Bottom