General Mixed commands question

I'm asking this question with the possibility that i know what the answer will be..but going to ask anyway.

I have taken the ar6210 receiver out of my coaxial heli and put it in my rogue 500 CCPM heli.I have bound the receiver.the dx6i that i have , I have not changed any settings yet.I will as i go outside to trim.I give it a LITTLE power to see if the blade's move and they look like it is doing pitch instead of power.The controls are totaly mixed up.I know that i put the connectors on the receiver correctly.On the transmitter i noticed that the gyro type is still on 90 degree.I know that with CCPM heli, they use three servo at the swashplate.
The question is ...IF i switch it to 120 degree will it work noramly(mode2).The thuddle is all the way down(no thuddle) will it spool up on me automaticly

Tony

Staff member
First off, take the blades off the head. Yes, you will have to change it to 120. More importantly, you will need to create a seperate model name, or reset the one your on. start fresh every time you are putting a new heli in the air.

Sorry to say Tony but,what you told me did not work.I did everything you said and i still got no thoddle action.I even did what the book said to do and still nothing.I have a co-worker that is a HAM, and he knows frequencys like the back of his hands.He stated that i whould be able to bind (and it did) but the commands didnt work the way they were suppose to.He worn'd me about that.so you cant take the same receiver and put it in a different aircraft and expect it to work the way it is suppose to

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, you can. I did it all the time with foamies. I can take my Rx out of my Edge 540, and stick it in my Extra, and it will work just fine. then, I can take it out of the extra, and put it in a 450, readjust teh settings in the Tx and it will work. What your friend said makes no sense.

i feel real stupid...Tony i read one of your posts to someone else that was having the same prob as i was and getting no power and it hit me. The dx6i has a default of the throddle trim and 50%.I dropped that all the way down to 0 and bang there was power head started to turn
i feel sooooo stupid for not seeing that myself

thanks to your dx6i ccpm setup video i have three quarters of the heli setup.One more thing to figure out.My gyro is a heading lock gyro.Now it is only in hh only.The prob that I am having is to set the tail rotor blades level.OHHH AS the tail rudder moves right it is fine but when it wants to move back center and is real slow.Can you help me

Tony

Staff member
In your gyro gain adjustments on the Tx, you can set HH or Rate mode. 0-49 is Rate, and 51-100 is HH. 50 is considered neutral and is like you don't have a gyro on the heli. The farther you get away from 50, the more gain you will have and the more movement you will get out of the gyro.

Top Bottom