MiniQuad FPV

Stambo

Managed to get out Saturday morning at 7:30am before the wind and the rain came up and do some FPV with my miniquad.
Ran through 2 batteries at 8 minutes each and was getting in to the third when it started raining.
Electronics + rain = potential disaster
I got a few drops of rain on the FPV camera lens that made it difficult to see so I thought it was time to land. :)
I got some video but it was not all that exciting, just circuits around my small property that most of you will have seen plenty of already.
I will post it if anyone really wants to see it but it is really pretty boring.
The main thing is I got some flight time and I enjoyed myself. :)

Lee

12 days and counting. My cart is still saying processing :(
But in there defence, they did warn that the new motors were not ready yet, and could be a while.
Can't wait :)

Stambo

That's the worst part, waiting.
I just found a supplier of parts in Australia for my Turnigy Trailblazer.
A little dearer than Hobbyking but a lot closer to me.
Hopefully I will see parts in a week instead of a month.
I still hate waiting though. :)

WOOHOO!! 1000 posts. :)

Last edited:

Stambo

Another successful FPV flight after work yesterday, was a bit windy, 12 to 15 kmh, but I just had to do it.
I think I have made a discovery.
The faster you go, the less effect the wind has, especially lighter winds.
I am going to repeat what has already been said all over the net, I am just loving the "locked in" feeling that this Naze32 FC board has.
I tried a LOS flight on acro last night also, and that was pretty impressive too.
Had my finger on the level switch initially but was able to relax within a couple of minutes.
It seems like it is just being held wherever you put it.
Slight forward tilt and let the stick go, it just stays there at that angle, I wish I had put the mobius on.
I can now see how people get such smooth video with the Naze32.
Next FPV flight I will attempt some acro flight and see what sort of difference it makes.
This time I will post video results.
I have a second Naze32 and I am leaning toward fitting that to my larger FPV quad.
My original thought was to put it on my night flight machine but now I am getting much more excited about FPV.
With summer just around the corner I think it's time I start exploring some of the beauty our little country has to offer. :)

Top Bottom