Videos Might be a UFO???

Tasajara

Out flying my xRotor IFrame quad I came across two men baling hay. So I decided to fly around the tractors a bit.
Being they may have never seen a quad copter before, they may not know what in the world it was...? Thus a UFO for them...
Might not be able to see it in the video, but the man on the red tractor was keeping a close eye on my quad.
His head was turning right and left to see where I was going next.
Sorry it was very overcast that day so very low light conditions, the video is a bit dark.
Forgot to save the video in the higest Res. so may not be as clear as it should be.

[video=youtube_share;XMYfQ1ctyOM]http://youtu.be/XMYfQ1ctyOM 0%[/video]

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Man ! You probably made someone's conspiracy theory come true.. THEY ARE SPYING ON US!!!!!!! :p :D Hahahahah! Great video !!!

Lee

Nice Craig. I would love to know what they go home and tell there families :D

RMB677

Lucky that one of them didn't pull out a shotgun and take down the heli. I've known farmers that kept either a shotgun or .22 rifle on their tractor.

Tasajara

Thanks for the good comments... It was pretty fun flying there. Will have to do it again on a sunny day.

GregC

OMG, You guys that are doing FPV regularly might think, yea that was fun. But really! I had no idea that the video could be that good. I am about to graduate to a CP heli, but I have got to tell you that this is awesome. I am loving it! What is the range on your quad?

Tony

Staff member
I'm going to poke my head in here and say, the range on a setup is all dependent on what your system is comprised of. There was a great video on here explaining the different antenna's you cna use and their advantages and disadvantages when using them. Craig can explain this much better than I can since I'm not an FPV guy. Well, I am, I just don't have the coinage for it lmao.

Tasajara

I have at least 15 mile range if video signal stays good. The record flight with the setup I use is 17 miles round trip. I have went 1.5 miles out so far on my FPV plane and my OSD still showed 100% raido signal.
My quad has close to the same UHF setup for my controls, range may be 1/4 less. I use 1.3GHz video. It has great range, better than a 5.8GHz for the same given power.
I have seen a 200mw 1.3GHZ setup go 2.6miles. I use a 300mw on my quad, but don't fly farther than a mile out. Because quad flights are 5.5 to 6 min . on a 2200mAh 3s, 7 to 9 min on a 3000mAh 3s.
Then on my plane I use a 800mw for long range. 900MHz VTX works best with 2.4GHz radios, if you fly behind trees or obstacles... 5.8GHz works good if you stay mostly in LOS (line of sight)
1.3GHz VTX will not work good with a 2.4GHz radio, it will cut your range down by 2/3...

Last edited:

llommel

:ambivalence:Great video Craig. Nice flying. What part of the world are they making hay this time of the year? It's goingto be 35 below here tonite.
:ambivalence:

Top Bottom