General microheli servos

jmerl

Just put my servos on my 130x and when I spool up the heli spins counter clockwise. The more throttle the faster it spins. I have replaced gears, tail boom, shaft. Everything I could think of. I had bought two so I put the second one on and does the same thing. Changed main boards still does it. Gyros set down to lowest settings and trim set still does it? Pls help

Slobberdog

As Jesse said, it should be on the boom to the left side looking from the tail, and with the arm coming out of the right side to line the rod up with the boom,

Oh and the lounge is for off topic chat not tech questions, hopefully a mod will pick this thread up and move it to the microhelis section

Edit Moved to correct forum :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee

On a 130X probably means your servo is on the wrong side of the boom.
Watch my video on tail set up. This will prove whether your tail is working in the right direction or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

jmerl

Everything is correct, servo sits on left side of boom, arm to right. Everything else is new. Looked at video and everything functions as In the video. Still heli spins counter clockwise. Upon spool pitch guide moves to the right. I did the sub trim and got it where it stays put on power up. However, when I reach 50% POWER I feel a shift in the tail wanting to spin counter clockwise. Again, happens with two different servos, with two different boards, and a stock servo works properly. Having real bad luck with microheli products.

jmerl

I did notice one thingthing, on preflight check of my 130x stock, I noticed unlike the video above, my 130x stock when rudder stick moved to right, pitch guide lever also moves to right. With mh servo it moves opposite of stick movement as in video. Not sure how to post video.

Slobberdog

Our bad the tail blade grips are trailing edge connected so opposite to normal, so if you move the stick right the tail slider will go right,

The micro heli servos are designed for cyclic so as you are putting it on the tail I am not sure how it will work you might need the reversed one for it to work that's say ion you don't have that one already

heli-maniac

ITs on the wrong side of the boom its like The Lynx servo and mounts on the right side of the boom

KEV
MH now makes a tail servo also

Last edited:

Slobberdog

Can't see it listed, only the hv servos but they are cyclic I thought.

Can't believe I had that positioning wrong, just gone back through my old thread and your completely correct its on the right side of the boom, I bow to your superior knowledge.

Lee

I did notice one thingthing, on preflight check of my 130x stock, I noticed unlike the video above, my 130x stock when rudder stick moved to right, pitch guide lever also moves to right. With mh servo it moves opposite of stick movement as in video. Not sure how to post video.

Don't look at the slider, look at the blades.
As i describe in the video, and has been pointed out here, servo direction, position, can change from heli to heli.
But the blades will always tell you if its countering the torque in the right direction.

Top Bottom