General Microheli parts...worth it?

bigone5500

As the title says, is the price of the parts worth it? I have broken two balls off the blade grips on my msrs. The price of a new set of grips from amain is $3.99. A set of grips on MH is $20. I will have to get the rotor head also. That's another $19. So $39 for a cool looking head/grip assembly, but are they durable enough to justify the cost?

murankar

Staff member
SO is it worth spending the money on Micro heli stuff! Depends on the situation really. If your going to fly and not crash it then sure spend the bucks to add the bling. THats all it is in the end over priced bling. It does add some function but not as much as one would think. I personally would just but the stock parts. Its going to get pricy to outfit your msr in micro heli stuff.

I was thinking of doing that with my 180cfx just for the kicks of doing it. But at this point I am not sure about it. I may still do it.

bigone5500

SO is it worth spending the money on Micro heli stuff! Depends on the situation really. If your going to fly and not crash it then sure spend the bucks to add the bling. THats all it is in the end over priced bling. It does add some function but not as much as one would think. I personally would just but the stock parts. Its going to get pricy to outfit your msr in micro heli stuff.

I was thinking of doing that with my 180cfx just for the kicks of doing it. But at this point I am not sure about it. I may still do it.
My mindset is I can buy another BnF heli for this price. I'd rather have another heli than some colorful metal.

murankar

Staff member
Thats basically what I was trying to say. Its more of a show thing to have all that micro heli stuff. In the end you could buy 5 of the stock versions. If your not going to be crashing it then go for it. Bling one out why not but the cost will be about the same as my 570 airframe.

Admiral

One of my LHS's decked out a Blade MPC-X with every available piece of bling available, it was sluggish to fly compared to a standard MCP-X. If you are going to add alloy parts add only those parts add strength where it is needed, I added blade grips and eventually broke off one of the ball links on them so reverted to the standard ones, they only alloy part I had other than that was the swash which didn't separate like the plastic ones.

Top Bottom