FBL Gyro MicrobeastX V3pitch

Dougf

Hi guys,
hope this is the correct way of asking questions about fitting the beastx! If it isn't sorry.
In step k of the fitting in the manual it says go to full pitch and adjust to get preferred angle,in my case this would be 11*,then go all the way down and adjust to minimum value,in my case I would like -1*.In the videos I have watch it would be set 11* positive and 11* negative with the transmitter set at 50.As I am an inexperienced flyer and don't fly upside down do I have to set it as the videos or can I set it as I stated.The pitch curve is set as linear.The other thing is do the blades have to be in line or 90* to the heli to adjust or does it matter as it doesn't say in the manual.

Tony

Staff member
Hey Doug, you put this in the flybar section, but I will move it to the flybarless section. No worries.

About the pitch, you really should set it up with +-11º of pitch for correct head geometry. It allows you to see that the head is perfect. Then, once you are done with the setup, go into your pitch curves in your Tx and set your curve to 46-48-50-75-100. This will lessen the amount of negative pitch to about 3-4º but keep full positive pitch. This is the way I highly suggest everyone setup their head and pitch curves when just starting out.

Dougf

Thanks for your help,I'll adjust it as you recommend and let you know ,I'm still building at the moment so it will be a while yet!Im still a 67 year old newbie!

Eggy 71

I'm going to piggyback on this thread if you don't mind. I'm going over a Trex 550e that I picked up with a Microbeast V3 gyro. I had to adjust the linkage rods to level out the swash and square up the control arms. I got a perfect 0 deg at mid stick and set the collective pitch to +/-11.5 deg. AS for step J cyclic pitch, The blue light won't come on until 6.8 deg or so. The was no way to get 6 deg like the instructions said. Is this close enough or do I need to adjust something? As well outside of setup mode cyclic has +/- 17.5 deg of pitch. That sounds extremely high. Shouldn't it be a max of 6-8 deg?

Top Bottom