Other Microbeast

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
So I have learned some stuff I never knew and thought I'd share. Ive been playing around in the studioX app to try and adjust the control behavior of my Bell 47. I emailed the BeastX people to try and get the preset values for the control behavior in normal to extreme so I could have a starting point for adjusting in the transmitter preset. They sent me the values in sport which is the default. I was surprised to learn that there is 35% expo in the sport preset. Yup, there is expo in there. 50% in normal or beginner. I have mentioned before that I dont like expo and never use it. Well its been there all along. This explains lots of things for me like why the vbar and ikon feel so much different to me, no expo when I set them up. With the app, you can change their presets slightly if you want. I'll be using the transmitter preset for now on to get it just the way I like. On another note, I also came across another option for rotor rotation. It was set to CW but the model is CCW rotating. I wonder what effect that would have on things?? anyone? Thanks, T

Tony

Staff member
Yea, MB definitely had expo in it. I can't fly on anything under Sport because of the amount of expo it has. Makes it way too sluggish.

As for the CCW rotation, setting it properly will affect the tail pre-comp. Basically, when you apply throttle, it adds a little tail into it to compensate for the torque that is about to happen. If it's set wrong, it will apply the wrong input to the tail.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Very true, i'm looking for something between normal and sport for this bird. But it makes way more sense now knowing. The 511 frame loses has me worried a bit. I wrapped the sat wire in shielding braided wire loom as it passes right by the ESC...

Tony

Staff member
One thing you can try is putting a longer extension on the satellite and sticking it to the outside of the helicopter fuse. Fly it and see if having it outside reduces the frame losses. If it does, then maybe paint the case of the satellite (not the wires) to match the fuse and find a way to leave it out there.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Heres a picture of it. The Bell 47 has a lattice tail and is pretty much wide open. But you give me an idea to move it out further from the receiver away from all the carbon...Bellsat.JPG

Tony

Staff member
The metal bars in there can be creating a minor Faraday cage causing some signal blockage. Definitely worth a try to move it outside that cage for a test.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Once you do get the chance to fly it...make a video of the flight. I bet we all would like to see her in action :).

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
So I did not film it but went out for a short test to see. I moved the sat outside the aluminium cage. After one minute I had 255 frame loses. Looked like this:
A------
B 0
L 0
R 0

F 255
H 0

Set it down and rebooted. 0 frame loses and 0 holds till i turned the heli left. Then 255 poped on the screen.
A 0
B 255
L 0
R 0

Then landed and all went to 0, (zero) Something is up with this thing. Im thinking the AR7700 issue? Not sure what to do, I'm thinking of changing the whole radio system.

Tony

Staff member
It is almost sounding like there is a cracked or cold solder joint and it is losing power for a split second. If you are not doing it already, try using a separate receiver pack and/or a regulated BEC with a good amp output (10 amps should be plenty) and see if this is not an over current issue. Also, try changing the port at which you are supplying power to see if it fixes the issue. I suspect it won't though.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
I have a few options, 1, wait till Spektrum comes out with another SRXL receiver, 2, Bavarian Demon or 3, I have a AR7300bx but not sure if it could be updated to the V5 firmware. Going to check into that. The iKON doesn't support 4 swash servos if I remember right or I would just do that with the HD Brain. I honestly think something happen to the AR7700. I didnt have any issue on the first 3 flights....

Top Bottom