General Microbeast Gyro

benram

Hi

There's not many setup videos about the microbeast fbl. Unless you're German :)

I can see that you actually can enable the attitude mode with a 6 channel radio, bye chancing the gyro to negative.

I saw this on a German YouTube channel, so I didn't understand half of it. Can someone explain it to me?

/Benjamin

Thanksimage.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

Tony

Staff member
Actually all that is doing is putting your tail gyro from HH mode (above 0%) to Rate mode (below 0%).

Tony

Staff member
Just went and did some reading and I stand corrected. There is a setting in teh gyro that you can change that will eliminate rate mode on the tail gyro. Instead, you will fly above 0% in Heading Hold mode and find where you would like your tail gain to be set. Then, you will go into your Tx, as you have done, and put the gyro below 0 (negative numbers) and this will change Attitude mode. The last HH number you used will be stored and it will remain as your tail gain. But now you will be able to adjust attitude mode on the MicroBeast. This is what I gather from reading anyway. Never messed with them myself.

Smoggie

Sounds like it works the same as the Spirit that I have on my Goblin 630. With stabilisation enabled negative tail gain values activate the self leveling (or rescue). On the Spirit the best way to do it is by using a mix that reverses the gain from positive to negative but retains the same value. So for example +55% would turn to -55% when you flick the switch. This means you can still have different gain values assigned to your differnt flight modes and they will all be exactly reversed when you flick the switch.

Let me know if you need to know how to set up such a mix.

murankar

Staff member
I will preface this with I did not tread anything prior.

When i comes to "adjustments " t the any gyro with the DX6 it will be based on one channel, channel "6". Normally this would actual be channel 5 which is you tail gain channel. What you would need to do is assign any adjustment to your Chanel 5. With this comes the effect of you you losing channel 5 for your tail gain. You can adjust any gain from channel 5 but at a loss. That loss is not being able to adjust any other gain from that channel. Most people normally assign that channel to tail gain. If you want to adjust any other channel from channel 5 then adjust the tail first. What sucks about the DX6 is that only one channel can be adjusted at a time.

Smoggie

Uri,

You can activate rescue/stability AND adjust tail gain from the gyro channel (at least with the Spirit and it sounds like the Microbeast is the same). Positive gain values turn stability/rescue off and negative turn it on, so you can do two functions from one channel. What you cant do with only 6 channels is bank switching AND tail gain adjustment independently, though I'm not sure if the microbeast has banks?

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
I was under the assumption that because this is a 6 channel radio you can have only one live adjustment at a time. The adjustment channel being "5". If you can assign more than one gain to channel 5 at the same time, then I was not aware of this. Like I said before I thought you were able to assign only one gain at a time to channel 5.

As for rescue/safe I would presume that rescue would be assigned to the buddy box switch.

Last edited:

Smoggie

Uri,

There are a few 6 channel options with the Spirit, but I cant speak from experience of the Microbeast.
  1. With the spirit you can gave the gear channel controlling tail gain AND activating rescue, switches are configurable so you can map whatever switches you want to activate these functions via channel 5. The buddy box switch is an option but is not the easiest to reach in a panic situation.
  2. Alternatively you can use gear channel to do bank changing which means that you can preset different flights configurations (trail gain, head gain, agility settings, stability mode etc etc). The downside of that option being that you lose the ability to 'on-the-fly' adjust tail gain independent of the three preset values in the banks.
If you have seven channels then you can do both of above options independently.

murankar

Staff member
without going to far off track here. The 180CFX gyro will only take one gain parameter at a time. Now if that kit has safe, i didnt know that because I have never used it or looked for it.

OK, folks, I need to "chime in" here. If you read the manual you'll find that the above posts re:microbeast attitude control controlled by the gyro channel to be backwards. In other words, positive values of the gyro channel will turn attitude control ON, with the value controlling how agressive the gyro is at performing the function which you selected (remember there's 5 options: bail out rescue mode, bail out rescue mode with collective, 3d mode, 3d mode with collective and trainer mode). Negative values on the gyro channel will turn off attitude control and put the gyro into heading hold (HH) mode. If you look at the status led, when it is RED you have attitude control ON, when the status led is BLUE you're in HH mode.

Top Bottom