700 Micro Bx Set Up

Peter Vice

Good afternoon Tony,
After many weeks I finally installed my BX in my old Align 700E and have managed to hover it briefly next to my house.
Tomorrow I am going to the field, the real test is not of my flying skills but my understanding of the BX set up.
I have also been in contact with Fran (Tony) who has helped me tremendously. I suppose the real work only begins when I attempt to fly. Ill be happy if I can just hover at a reasonable height and can maneuver from port to starboard.
I watched you assembly video many times, read the instruction manual several times and . have also managed to complete the mechanical assembly of my new 700E.
Hopefully I will be successful and once the BX is doing most of the flying Ill set up the bail out and then install in my new Helicopter.
Thank you for your patience and guidance I really appreciate your help.
Regards Peter Vice

Admiral

Good luck with he maiden Peter, just take it easy and don't try too much until you get comfortable with it.

Peter Vice

Good luck with he maiden Peter, just take it easy and don't try too much until you get comfortable with it.

Good afternoon Admiral, I have had a successful afternoon flew four times and I cant believe how smooth the helicopter is.
I did some minor mechanical settings before I flew and for my skill level I dont need to do anything else except practice flying.
Thank you for your encouragement and once I have the bail out installed I will become more adventurous, at this point I am happy just to be in the air again.
I mentioned in a previous post I have moved to a very rural town in Spain, no flying clubs or anyone else to fly with, the ground is too rocky to fly my planes and although I have two gliders to hand launch every time I land they sustain some damage, so just been able to fly my helicopter is a treat. I uses to fly almost ever day in the UK so I miss the friendship of been a member of a club. My pride and joy other than my helicopter is an Acro wot with a 30cc petrol engine I have various foamy planes and a fairly large Piper Cub. I have a DJI drone but other than filming is not that challenging to fly.
Regards Peter

murankar

Staff member
We had a member on here who lives in Tarifa Spain. His name is Lee Travarthan. If you get down there maybe you can find him. He rarely if ever posts on here any more. I think he dropped the hobby after his wife got sick, he sold everything on this site.

Peter Vice

We had a member on here who lives in Tarifa Spain. His name is Lee Travarthan. If you get down there maybe you can find him. He rarely if ever posts on here any more. I think he dropped the hobby after his wife got sick, he sold everything on this site.

Hi that is far from me but I am still hoping to get some of the locals interested language is the barrier I am doing Spanish lessons but it will be awhile before I can converse. Going flying later clear skies freezing had our first snow yesterday.

Tony

Staff member
If you are talking about Lee, he is originally Scottish from Scotland. I had no idea about his wife, that is horrible news.

murankar

Staff member
Last I heard she was ill. But that was a few years ago. That would be the same Lee.

The last time I logged into that other forum he was custom building boats. Large sail boats.

Top Bottom